Best way to ship OEM Exhaust??

Guys and Gals,

After a horrible experience shipping 4 OEM wheels/tires, I am wondering the best way to ship the OEM Exhaust. I am thinking just taking it to Mail Boxes Etc (Now the UPS Store) would be best. They will pack it up, find a box, and ship it out. However, I am estimating this to be close to $200 for a Chicago to PA ship.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Snide remarks?

Thanks!

get a big box, foamy stuff, wrap it and it should cost you about $50-100.. that's a big range cuz sometimes when i ship stuff price changes most of the time. don't know why..

osugrad97 said:
Guys and Gals,

After a horrible experience shipping 4 OEM wheels/tires, I am wondering the best way to ship the OEM Exhaust. I am thinking just taking it to Mail Boxes Etc (Now the UPS Store) would be best. They will pack it up, find a box, and ship it out. However, I am estimating this to be close to $200 for a Chicago to PA ship.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Snide remarks?

Thanks!

Mail Boxes Etc (Now the UPS Store) <---- Exactly who I went thru to ship my tires. Cost me an arm and a leg. And they didn't box, wrap, anything. Just my $.02.

Come on guys! WHO has shipped an Exhaust before? When you buy one from Comptech, how does it arrive? An answer of "put it in a box and send it out" is easier said than done. I cant seem to find a box that this will fit it.

Fed-Ex Ground is my fave - I shipped an exhasut from CA to TX & it was $48 if I remember correctly. They are typically 1/2 - 2/3 of UPS ground across the board.
Biggest pain was packing it - I went to box world & got two 24 x 24 x 24 (they may have 20 x 20 x?) boxes & spliced them into one box.

I used Fed Ex ground to ship four wheels/tires and they damaged ALL FOUR even though they were wrapped secure like you have never seen. The claims process is such a CROCK that we decided not to go thru with it. They have to pick up the wheels, send them BACK to me and then have me file a claim and then send them BACK to the recipient.

Ended up taking it to UPS Store. They packed it up ($55) and then shipped for an additional $105. Its expensive, but after packing four wheels full with bubble wrap and having them all damaged by FedEx, I thought I would give UPS a turn.

All of the aftermarket exhausts I've recieved,by ups ,were bubble wrapped and placed in boxes with the foamy little guys.Never had a problem with damage.Make sure the tips have extra wrapping,cause thats how the manuf. ship them.

Back