best service in chicago

my a/c evap needs replacing. the 3 acura dealers around the detroit area are all quoting me around $1700. parts should only be $700... and it should only take 6-7 hours. so something doesnt add up.
i'm thinking of driving to chicago to get it done. which one is the best and most reputable dealer there?

There are only two (out of nine) Acura dealers in the Chicago area who do a lot of NSX service work: Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates (about 8 miles west of O'Hare Airport) 847-519-9550, which does the most NSX service work of any, and Pauly Acura in Highland Park (about 25 miles north of downtown Chicago) 847-433-8200. Neither is inexpensive (Woodfield is $86/hour, don't know Pauly's current rate), but both are highly qualified.

Acura of Brookfield, just west of Milwaukee Wisconsin, also does a lot of service work and is highly qualified, but it's an extra hundred miles. AoB does more work on aftermarket performance modifications. If I wanted a supercharger installed, I'd go there. For routine NSX service, I go to Woodfield.

Did you ask the dealers in your area for a breakdown of the estimate - how much is parts, how many hours of labor? And how do you know the parts cost and labor hours - if it's correct, wouldn't they be basing their estimate on the same numbers? Just wondering why there appears to be a disconnect...

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 02 August 2002).]

ann arbor acura said $900 in parts... thats evaporator and freon. i called brookfield.. they said it should be under $700. according to mark basch, the labor should be 7 hours max.

BTW, this is probably a good time to have them install the kit to convert the refrigerant from R-12 (Freon) to R-134a.

Back