Best place to buy an NSX?

Wondering if there is a recommended place to buy an NSX for a great price? There is autotrader and here but anyone know where there is a good place if any? Wholesale or just a person who deals with selling cars? I've seen NSXs anywhere from 18k-70k I'd like to stay more towards the 18k-25k NA1 is my liking. Any help be great. This might help other guests on here. Thanks in advance guys!

California has the most NSXs. Although wholesale can be tempting, many, if not most NSXs nowadays sell on the private market and I'd ask myself why it's being wholesale'd. Maybe someone's dumping it, or maybe not.

The most important thing is a very solid inspection, and good history on the car. It takes lots of research to find a good NSX, but they are out there.

Lastly, unless you're willing to provide an offer to a enthusiast he can't refuse, that has done everything you want on it, it will be hard to find one that is "perfect"

And oh yeah.. echoing the other guy after me (timetravel :) ) good luck finding a good one in the 18-20K range..
Good luck.

Last edited:
The best place to find one is here.

Good luck on the $18k-25k range! Those will all be basket cases. Slide that up to $28k to $35k to find any kind of decent NSX.
iagree.gif

Thanks for the feedback guys... just thought maybe there was a secret buy somewhere. hahaha... I've always love the NSX, wouldn't mind having one sitting next to the "S" :wink:

I have seen some great price on craigslist.com/org for your local NSXs.
It is also a good place to keep monitoring.

Originally Posted by CL65 Captain
Good luck on the $18k-25k range! Those will all be basket cases. Slide that up to $28k to $35k to find any kind of decent NSX.

+2

Anything you find for cheap will need a lot of work. A new timing belt, new water pump, new shocks, etc, etc, etc. I find it's cheaper to buy a more expensive example in most cases. I would think the cheapest 1991/1992 you can find that's half way decent would be in the 30's. Anything under that and you're looking at something wrecked, salvaged, or seriously messed up.

That said, you have to be willing to buy one ANYWHERE if you're looking for a deal. I'm on the east coast, and I was looking all the way to Cali for mine. I almost bought one in Cali actually.

I bought my '91 (back in 2002) for $26,500.00. And it had just had the timing belt/water pump and clutch replaced! It wasn't a basket case at all. It had 90k miles. :smile:

Of course I've modded it since then - but it was a great car when I picked it up. I searched a grand total of ONE DAY for the car - and found it within 20 miles of my house! :eek:

I was really lucky - but those cars are probably still out there.

Last edited:
Wow, great responses and opinions. I'll pass on a salvaged NSX. They never run the same after an accident. Compared to the "S" how does the "X" handle? Does it have the same stiffness as the "S"? When the winter passes I'd love it and someone in MN would be willing to take me for a ride in one... even if its just around the block.

I bought my '91 NSX for $20,000 flat. It had 132,000 miles on it and only the A/C needed to be repaired. Other than that, it was perfect and even had a few really tasty mods, including aftermarket wheels/tires, harness and bar, exhaust and intake. It's now up to 150,00 miles and I haven't had any major problems with it at all although I heavily modified it since I first got it.

The best palce to buy from is this forumn!! I bought mine off of here and I got it way under the price that most NSXs were going for in Canada :biggrin: and it came with a new timing belt/water pump/valve adjustment/tune-up and tasty mods like Tien Adjustable Suspension, Dali Exhaust, Wings West Body Kit, Niche Rhine Rims (18/19) and an upgraded sound system with LCD/DVD player - all for $29,000.00 in 2007. She had 100,000 miles when I bought her...so anything is possible - there are good deals and bad deals out there...so stick close to home and let your friends here help you out!:biggrin:

Dam:cool:

Wow, great responses and opinions. I'll pass on a salvaged NSX. They never run the same after an accident. Compared to the "S" how does the "X" handle? Does it have the same stiffness as the "S"? When the winter passes I'd love it and someone in MN would be willing to take me for a ride in one... even if its just around the block.

Yeah trust me, youll love the nsx. When I went to the super meet in TN, the pack I ran with couldnt believe the nsx could handle like that. I was the only NSX my group of about 6-8 cars. The rest were all S cars. Check this out.

Attachments

• sesm hairpin curve.jpg
    sesm hairpin curve.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 85
Best place to buy an NSX?

Mature, private party.

Most that save a few bucks on entry, end up spending more
getting it sorted out in the end. A little paint work, clutch, t-belt, int,
air cond, misc..
could add up to $10k+ in a hurry.

But it depends on what you are after.
There are more and more sub standard examples every day.
Most are looking for a well cared for,un-hit example
with reasonable mileage and complete history.

On another note, when it comes time to sell you will retain much more from
the "unrestored" car.

Easy, spend a bit more now and save $$$$$$$$$$$.:biggrin:

I had luck with NSX prime as well as Auto Trader and Cars.com. The advantage of AT and C.com is that when a good deal shows up you have to act instantly and go see it. Local to you is of course the best, especially in your price range. You are looking during the right season, as soon as spring hits the prices climb but more cars are also available. Look every day, that's how I got a great deal but had to act quick. One car in CA was perfect but it was gone in one day and I couldn't possibly respond in time from NY. It's like fishing, you have to be patient and lucky.

Good luck,

Tytus

Yeah trust me, youll love the nsx. When I went to the super meet in TN, the pack I ran with couldnt believe the nsx could handle like that. I was the only NSX my group of about 6-8 cars. The rest were all S cars. Check this out.

Wow, the wheels are pretty deep on the "X" I like. Yea, I'm hoping soon to be BoostedNA1 hahaha...

Back