Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mazda Miata

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • OTHER

Votes: 13 12.4%

• Total voters

eg9

Contributing Member
This is a quick poll to see what we all think is the best handling cars in the world THAT CAN BE PURCHASED IN THE US. These are production cars in their stock form from the factory. Cars with mods are not allowed. You are voting on the MOST RECENT models from the selection.

Last edited:
does the Radical count? or how about a Lotus 7 replica(Caterham). Technically, they can be purchased in U.S.(though the Radical is not street legal).

Excluding all the 7 based cars and other english track day cars (Atom, Megabusa, Radical, Westfield, ...) I would say the Noble M12 GTO is the winner it. It outhandled the latest 911 GT3RS (is it not in your list? :eek: ) on the Ring several times in several different reviews.

And it looks good too!

Most of us have not driven all of these cars for extended period of time, thus it is not going to be objective. the NSX is going to be favored. Kind of like asking who's better in bed? Helle Berry? Camoron Diaz, Demi Moore, or your wife/girlfriend? I am sure most of us will answer wife/girlfriend. but wonder what's like to TEST DRIVE the others.:D :D

EIFFEL said:
Most of us have not driven all of these cars for extended period of time, thus it is not going to be objective. the NSX is going to be favored.
Then why is the Lotus Elise ahead in the voting? And most folks probably haven't driven one. (FWIW, I have, on the track - and I voted for one of the other cars I've driven! ;) )

I voted for the elise soley because of all of the great reviews I have read about its handling. I have not driven one, but I am not qualified to know the difference anyway..

I have been fortunate to drive many of the cars on the list either through friends owning them, dealer demos, or my personal cars. The list is Acura NSX :D , Lotus Esprit, Noble M12 GTO-3R, Dodge Viper, Corvette ZO6, Ferrari 360CS, Lamborghini Gallardo, Mazda RX7, Mazda Miata. Of those cars... I feel the Nobel was the best handling car of them all, but if it came down to buying one of the ones I listed it would be the 360CS because I felt that car was more of a "total package" of handling/brakes/power... I like the way it looks too ;)

Out of THAT list IMHO:

1. Noble- 1.2g on street tires.
2. Enzo
3. Elise
4. 360CS(tie)
4. z06(tie)

btw, the Mclaren not known be a great handler. I believe the original test drives showed it capable of 0.86-0.87g's.

NSXLuvr said:
btw, the Mclaren not known be a great handler. I believe the original test drives showed it capable of 0.86-0.87g's.

The MAC never did well on the skidpad, but then again, no racetrack is just a circle. Once it is on the track it is supposed to rock. Watch Martin Brundles Supercars... he loves it. Even more than the ENZO.

I think the Carerra GT might be a better handling car than the Enzo. Time will tell when they go head to head.

I hope Top Gear gets to test an Enzo one day.

It seems the Ferrari 355 should be on there. I has recorded one of the fastest slalom times by a production car. Over 70 mph.
BTW Top Gear has done a short test of the Enzo, I've got the video if you want.

NSXLuvr said:
Out of THAT list IMHO:

1. Noble- 1.2g on street tires.
2. Enzo
3. Elise
4. 360CS(tie)
4. z06(tie)

Grip != handling ;)

Yep, Tiff already did test the Enzo. I have a discrepency with this poll too.

First, why would you put the Mazda RX-7 and the RX-8 in the same category? They're two totaly different cars, the 7 being purpose built as a sportscar, a world class handler, not so with the 8. Just because they have a similer name?

The 8 ISN'T an evolution of the 7, it's NOT the 7's successor. Most people here probably never dorve an RX-7 and wouldn't recognise it to be a better handling car then most of the ones in the poll.

gheba_nsx said:
Tiff Needle != Top Gear!

Tiff Needle drove briefly Jay Kay (Jamiroqua) Enzo IIRC.
But that wasn't a test...

No, he did a lap with some other Journo's at a Ferrari test track. He recorded the fastest Journalist time around the track.

Neighbor got an elise last week. Did not drive but rode. Car is very agile. My NSX will start pulling away straightline shortly after 60mph. Again the felt VERY impressive handling......I voted the Lotus. The quality feel is definately NOT there. I do agree the E36 should be on this list. I sold mine yesterday and feel that it is one of the sweetest handling cars I have driven!

LeoLegendATL said:
It seems the Ferrari 355 should be on there. I has recorded one of the fastest slalom times by a production car. Over 70 mph.
BTW Top Gear has done a short test of the Enzo, I've got the video if you want.

wasn't the enzo recorded the highest slalom mph? i beleive a ferrarri holds the title. anyoone confirm.

btw, i voted enzo. it was designed for schumacher ;)

azndng said:
wasn't the enzo recorded the highest slalom mph? i beleive a ferrarri holds the title. anyoone confirm.
QUOTE]

Not if you count the Bugatti Veyron, but those have yet to be released to the commoners. But like the Veyron, the Enzos mph is achieved with loads of power and speed. It does not give you a clear picture of what the handling of these cars feels like. Just that they can produce numbers. The Enzo is reported to have oversteer tendencies due to its extreme lightweight midengine design.

I feel if you are asking for best handling there should be a lot of driver feedback, not just #'s posted by an expert who took 10 shots at getting it right before everyone was satisfied with the results.

Back