best deal on 05

I'm looking to buy a new 05 nsx. I want to make sure I get the best possible deal. What have some of you paid for on an 04 or 05 brand new? anyone know the actual invoice? thanks

AoB sent around a flyer last month indicating the NSX (and other models) was for sale for $20 over invoice. I don't know if that includes the $7500 dealer incentive that was offered for a time on 2005s.

Don't know how good a deal it is, but there's a red one in Autoweek's classifieds on their site.

$80,000 is fair....

Keep in mind that prices are going to be all over the map, since production ended 7 months ago. Some dealers have been sitting on their car for 7+ months (min) and will be dying just to get rid of it. Others, knowing that a brand spankin new NSX (with its dedicated followers "with means") is almost impossible to find - will hang on to it, and may only sell for $89,750 or more even.

Figure out which type of dealer you are working with, be sure to hint that "color doesn't really matter" and play the game. You shouldn't be in any hurry (unless color really DOES matter and there's only 1 left!). Good luck. :smile:

Edit: I suspect that many dealers are the later, wanting to hold onto it for max $$. The number of new ones for sale has been very slowly decreasing since Feb, however, before production of ~1/day ended, the inventory was fairly steady (meaning, about 1 new one per day was being sold, but at the discounted prices). If expected sales price was the same now as it was in 2005, the total new inventory would have been depleted by March or so.

nsxtasy said:
If I were in that situation, and I would consider a silver one, I would just call John Vasos and buy the new '05 at Acura of Brookfield. Knowing John, whatever he's willing to sell it for will be the best deal you can get...

I'd say that is as good a deal as I have seen. I'd buy this if I did not own one already.

Nick, you are a TOOL. This will be your 3rd NSX now. You do realize that you are never satisfied with anything you get, including that sex change you purchased about a year ago.

nsxtasy said:
If I were in that situation, and I would consider a silver one, I would just call John Vasos and buy the new '05 at Acura of Brookfield. Knowing John, whatever he's willing to sell it for will be the best deal you can get...

That IS the best deal around, IMO:wink: I haven't seen a cheaper new one around.

Juice said:
Nick, you are a TOOL. This will be your 3rd NSX now. You do realize that you are never satisfied with anything you get, including that sex change you purchased about a year ago.

:biggrin: Too funny! Nick likes sports cars!

Gillman Acura in Houston, TX has an untitled 05. It was driven by a family member and, I think has around 2,000 to 3,000 miles on the odometer. Whatever the miles are, it looks brand new.

Red with black interior.

I don't know the price but it may be worth a phone call.

Gillman (800) 288-9180, or (281) 821-1100
www.gillmanauto.com

Norm
94 Red

Juice said:

Actually... it will be my 4th NSX... and my 3rd sex change.

Back