Best bank rate to REFI for a 15, 20 or 30 year fixed loan?

So my wife and I are looking to REFI our current home and started looking at some rates and doing some shopping.

The home is in CA (not sure if that matters) and have been using Zillow to look at the lowest rates. We are looking to do a 20 or 30 year loan with a good low APR/Interest rate.

What have you guys used or any suggestions?

I've never used a broker and when I ask my friends it seems to be a hit or miss with them. Is it better to use a bank directly or go through a broker? Not really sure how the broker works....

thanks guys!

been with wells fargo since as long as I owned my first home 14 years ago, but they kinda sucked lately when it came to refi..I just finnished a deal with greenlight for a no cost 30yr 3.875 ..saving over $200 a month on my old 5% deal...You can even get better rates today...good luck

is your loan conforming?

www.mortgagemarvel.com

Best bank comparison site. Lets u shop by rates or closing costs and by location. (Maybe Zillow works the same way, idk)

My wife and I have dramatically reduced our rates and went to a 15 using this site twice and both banks we refi'd through are local.

Last edited:
www.mortgagemarvel.com

Best bank comparison site. Lets u shop by rates or closing costs and by location. (Maybe Zillow works the same way, idk)

My wife and I have dramtically reduced our rates and went to a 15 using this site twice and both banks we refi'd through are local.

My experience has also been that local banks will beat the huge national firms,but in fact may be your only hope if your mortgage in non conforming/jumbo.

I would say take the cheap money (30 year) if you qualify. Pay it down if you come across extra money, but you have the flexibility to pay the minimum if things get tough.

If/when hyperinflation hits, you'll be loving your fixed long-term (cheap) debt.

I'm in So Cal as well, and recently refi'd with Cash Call. 30 year fixed, 3.875%. No points.

I would go with a credit union. We used Wescom at 2.65 for 15 years.

is your loan conforming?

Yes conforming loan - we paid almost all of it off, have about $290k left and plenty of equity. My credit score is superb so figured with the low rates we an do a REFI and prepare to buy our next home in roughly a few years and keep this one as a rental property.

I'll check out the links you guys gave me - thanks appreciate it!

We will try some local banks first but I want to avoid Wells Fargo and Bank of America (the biggies out here) since neither have taken care of us well in the past.

Check out Pentagon Federal Credit Union.

•3.750% / 3.794% APR on a 30yr fixed as of today.

They are very easy to work with.

I am in talks with a couple of brokers at the moment as I'm also looking to REFI my home. I'm getting quotes of 3.25% for 30-year fixed. 3.75% for no-cost REFI.

Back