Berlina 05 with 1,618 miles listed for $170,000

http://sterlingsackey.com/portfolio/2005-acura-nsx/

What are your thoughts on this car? It's clearly the prime collector car, but do you think this is the highest price for an NA2 that's not an NSX-R? RacerX's analysis shows that prices seem to have tapered off a bit since 2017 but I think this car could sell for close to asking price.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What are you going to do with it. Short of putting it in a museum, I would prefer a nice poster of it and a Nsx to drive

Museum piece for sure. My thought is that I would rather see someone enjoying this car on the road instead of a garage. I don't see it as an investment considering the price that it is listed at.

hmmm if its kept in that self storage joint it is not climate controlled.....:tongue:

Thanks for posting this NSX, another beauty from Sterling. This car does show up in my database before, where it was listed at $136,900 with 1393 miles in September 2016.

Now that it has returned to the market, it gains the award for the second-highest listing price yet for any Gen1 NSX (only beaten by $5k by a 1991 with 68 miles listed last year that has since sold). Excluding Zanardis, a low mile 02-05 like this one has the greatest likelihood of selling for a price like this.

Last edited:
I get a low mileage coupe or zanardi selling for for a high price for the pure driving experience. I don’t understand a targa with numb steering, flexible chassis and so low miles selling for such a high price. There are almost 1 thousand 02-05 cars if you like the facelift. But this car is too high to be an investment, doesn’t offer the pure driving experience and only offers low mileage for its value.

this has to be a joke right? $170k is just stupid.

here is one for asking $78k (and its been sitting at that price) with 61kmiles.....so this thing is basically almost $100k less for damn near the same car LMAO. I would much rather have this one....heck you could buy 2!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...T-Black-Black-6-Speed-61080-JH4NA21622T000227

i get low mileage and all that but 1600 miles, is still "miles"....$170k that thing better still be wrapped in factory plastic, have tags still on it, sealed in a Honda crate, never seen a drop of fluid, with a vial of Soichoro Honda's ashes in the shift knob.......oh yea its not even GPW:tongue:

I get a low mileage coupe or zanardi selling for for a high price for the pure driving experience. I don’t understand a targa with numb steering, flexible chassis and so low miles selling for such a high price. There are almost 1 thousand 02-05 cars if you like the facelift. But this car is too high to be an investment, doesn’t offer the pure driving experience and only offers low mileage for its value.

Collectors care not about a "targa with numb steering, flexible chassis", sadly it's all about low mileage and last/first model years.

Embrace the car collector people because a rising tide floats all boats. Besides, its their money and they get to do what they want with it.

Embrace the car collector people because a rising tide floats all boats. Besides, its their money and they get to do what they want with it.

My thoughts exactly. Shoot for the moon Ill jump aboard the spaceship!

862 production #'s according the the prime wiki. I would venture to guess the actual number may be closer to 700 now.

I like the 02-05 cars just fine. Of course I've never driven a coupe. Good thing, as I would probably jump out after a drive, an go dig a hole to put my piece of crap in by the sound of it.:wink:
The roof is never on my car, as it is only out of the garage on sunny summer days. It is much easier for me to get in and out of the car with the roof off. Almost sixty years of abuse has taken it's toll on my back and worn out hip. You young fellers will find out all too soon.
I picked up a Carbrella years ago, so I don't have to get the top out every time I park. Everyone with a targa should have one. Doesn't do anything for the limp d--- chassis though!

We are in an economic bubble. This also means toys like the Nsx and 911s are priced high as part of everyone’s perceived wealth. The original question in the first post was opinions about the price and this car and I have provided my honest assessment given I’m an economist and 17 year owener of multiple Nsx’s including 1991, 1993, 1997 and low mileage 2005 that has sold for 125k. Just providing my honest opinion based in the above and actually purchasing, living with and driving low mileage collector quality examples. Some in this thread have a close relationship with the seller and a biased view. I do not and my purpose is to help the op and anyone with an open mind. These are just cars. And if you are not buying a zanardi or a 1997-2001 coupe you are not buying an investment.

Last edited:
Lots of great commentary here, some of it quite insightful.

Just some notes from my perspective: I did not purchase this car - it remains with its owner and is merely being represented by myself, and therefore the asking price is at his discretion. That said, the price is just that, an asking price, and therefore reasonable offers are welcome and will be taken under consideration.

Overall, this car is likely the lowest mileage final-year example existing in the USA, and thus will appeal to those with a large collection of cars who want to bring a later NSX into the fold. As some have mentioned, there are plenty of lower priced NSXs out there for the average enthusiast intending on more typical usage, and that's just fine.

Finally, for those wondering, while I do specialize in selling these low-mileage gems, in my personal life I've owned an S2000 from new which now has 70,000 miles, is modified, and gets out to the track and autocross as often as I get time. So, rest assured I understand both the collectors' and the enthusiasts' perspectives!

Last edited:
Your 2009 chicane silver s2000 is choice and a great high school grad present you should cherish. We love what you are doing. Keep it up

Fantastic example of one of my favorite years. I find the targa vs coupe comparison a bit old and boring. I daily drove an 05, racking up nearly 20k miles and it and never once felt the driving experience was anything short of spectacular. I also had my Zanardi at the time and enjoyed both. I find the 91-96 cars to be the least enjoyable. Then again, I think the CTSC is a waste of money we can all have opinions. That being said, this car is likely one of the finest left and it belongs in a collection. Car like this just aren't produced anymore. Granted, I'd like a more adventurous color but this would suffice.

Never met the seller but I like the genre of cars he sells. The hunt is half the fun. Keep the moth balled, no mileage gems coming!

this has to be a joke right? $170k is just stupid.

here is one for asking $78k (and its been sitting at that price) with 61kmiles.....so this thing is basically almost $100k less for damn near the same car LMAO. I would much rather have this one....heck you could buy 2!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...T-Black-Black-6-Speed-61080-JH4NA21622T000227

i get low mileage and all that but 1600 miles, is still "miles"....$170k that thing better still be wrapped in factory plastic, have tags still on it, sealed in a Honda crate, never seen a drop of fluid, with a vial of Soichoro Honda's ashes in the shift knob.......oh yea its not even GPW:tongue:

hey holmes it's worth what someone's willing to pay. Seems a little rich to me but saying it's "the same" as a car with 61k miles is a joke. The price diff may make the higher mileage car worth it to you, but lots of people are willing to pay a premium for an absolutely pristine car. Who would ever have thought low mile supras would push 90k?

hey holmes it's worth what someone's willing to pay. Seems a little rich to me but saying it's "the same" as a car with 61k miles is a joke. The price diff may make the higher mileage car worth it to you, but lots of people are willing to pay a premium for an absolutely pristine car. Who would ever have thought low mile supras would push 90k?

im not saying it wont bring a premium....but more than double than the avg going price for low miles in a "normal" color combo.

hell, even Synth19's Imola 02+ fully worked has been sitting for half this price (and it comes with like 15k in parts spare).

Yea i would pay a premium too for low miles, but more than double $ for a car known for its reliability. The way this thing is priced, it should have zero miles, sealed in a honda crate lol.

all this being said, i hope he gets every bit of $170k and its well documented because that will make my 95 with 155k miles worth like 70k :tongue::tongue:

Back