BBSC questions

Hi guys..Ive been gone for around 4 months...

I bought a 1991 NSX with a BBSC back in March of 2008..

The cars been in surgery for the past few months...

I got the following things done

-1500$ expedy clutch ( the cheapest one I forget what stage it is)
-timing belt replaced
-all seals replaced ( the valve cover gaskets were leaking) so replaced all seals on car
-wiring was all screwed up from 17 years of differant owners putting in differant stereos/computers/lighting ect....
-The headers had a bad leak so got that all welded back up

The good news is that I got this all done for only 4K including the 1500 for the clutch...The bad news is that it's been 3 months since this started..But the car is 98% ready just trying to track down a few little electrical gremlins...

So at first my plan was to sell this car as soon as surgery was complted and get a 2006 coupe Viper or a 2008 Viper..Ive had a 99 Viper and 2003 Viper in the past and really miss the raw power...

but the other day while driving my DD I saw somthing low and mysterious in my rear view mirror..It was black and looked like a Lamborguini or somthing exotic..

LOW AND BEHOLD it rolls up and it's a black NA1 NSX..I always see them in NSX cruises or so forth when I drive mine and they just look OK...But after not seeing one for a few months and then seeing it from a somewhat high posistion in my Van..

WOW!!!! Now I remember why I wanted one to begin with...

Si I ran the numbers in my head..

-my nsx is a 1991 so it's the origional and they dont make em anymore
-only 2995 pounds
-already has the front wide fenders and body kit/rims ect ( I forget what kind of kit i have
-already have the tein RA adjustable suspension

And best of all i already have the BBSC...

So I have decided to follow through with this nsx project ( for now ) and not get another Viper

So now to the questions

1. that 1500$ exedy clutch I had installed..How much rwhp is that thing good for?

2. Im currently pushing 7 psi from my BBSC and the SS version 2 box on my NA1..How much rwhp should that be good for..The only other mod is a KN air intake....With 5 psi the header leak and a one run engine hot pull I made 310 rwhp SAE on a dyno jet

3. Thinking about the AEM and forging the engine..But if I go cheap and dont forge the engine..How much rwhp/boost can the stock engine handle without an interkooler?

Thanks for anyhelp and now I wish I would have bought the parts to forge and the more expensive clutch before she started surgery. But before I just wanted to sell the car and having the documentation of the seals/clutch/timing belt/electrical done for the next owner was all I cared about..

Ill post pics if anyone cares to see them...Just scroll down and you'll see them

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=914053&highlight=nsx

BTW..My Xmas present to my self will be a fresh paint job and Lambo doors

Last edited:
Back