Basic Owner's Information

Hi guys,

Just picked up my 1993 NSX today. Its certainly a wonderful car, still very solid and in good shape despite its 8 previous owners. Unfortunately, as nice as the car is, the previous owner did not supply me with the owner's manual or a thick stack of receipts. However, the car is in splendid shape for a 17 year old and only a few unimportant things aren't quite working. (like the trip meter reset switch, which doesn't reset).

Was wondering if there was a PDF version of the manual somewhere. I've ordered a manual for the car from the US, but it'll take a while for it to make its way to my doorstep in Singapore.

In the meantime, I've got to figure out the controls and a few things about the car. Namely, which specification fluids I need, tire pressures, fuses and fuse box information.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

never heard of one not working, I would suspect the miles have been tampered with. once you open it and do anything the gears are designed to stop working,thats sucks, how much did you pay for it?

we know the trip meter doesnt work so another question does the regular miles work? I mean while your driving do they count?

Thanks for the tip about the service manuals. I will look it up.

In Singapore, there is a rather limited supply of NSXs. There are only about 5 of them in total. Two are automatic NSX-Ts, 1 is a red coupe, and another is a post-facelift blue NSX (this owner also owns a Zonda, so the NSX is in good company!). Mine is a gunmetal with some stripes. I will probably have it repainted when the time comes.

With the tax regime, rarity and regulations which prevent people from importing cars that are 3 years and older, an NSX usually goes from upwards of USD 100K.

Last edited:
Pagini Zonda, WOW I love that car. so maybe the car has not been tamper with. wow post some pics of that car if you can

This is what I did. I went to www.acura.com and at the top of the homepage is My Acura.com. You can register your NSX there with your vin and a few other details. Once in your homepage you can enter service details, there is also information for retrieving radio codes, etc, and there will be a box titled Model Information. At the bottom of that box will be a View Owners Manual button. This will take you to a pdf copy of the owners manual you can view and print.
I live in Canada, and I was able to register my NSX on the US site, but not the Canadian Acura site because the vin is recognized as a US vin. So I am assuming it would work for your car as well if it was originally a US car.
Hope this helps.

Many thanks DeVinci13,

I will have to give that a shot. The VIN may not work as the car is most definitely not a US/Canada specification car. Cars here are right hand drive and are shared with the UK/Japan and other right hand drive countries.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the owner's manual I ordered won't be that different from the one that came with the car.

On a side-note, the cars got foglights and the Bose radio was not included. My 1993 car also doesn't have passenger airbags, which means I get slightly more storage. Will have to see if there are rear foglights available for the car. Very useful in the monsoon season.

Give me a shout if you ever drive up to KL.

(like the trip meter reset switch, which doesn't reset).

the tripometer reset switch on my '92 is a little finicky
sometimes it takes quite a few tries for it to correctly reset the meter (sometimes when pressing the reset, the meter will get stuck/caught on itself, so I'll have to push it a few more times to get it to cycle correctly, and some more to actually reset it)
i've only had to reset it 3-4 times so far, and the last time i reset it, it worked on the first try

so maybe give it a few more tries

i've been searching to see if this is a known or common issue

and I can say with about 99% confidence that it has not been tampered with

Last edited:
Many thanks DeVinci13,

I will have to give that a shot. The VIN may not work as the car is most definitely not a US/Canada specification car. Cars here are right hand drive and are shared with the UK/Japan and other right hand drive countries.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the owner's manual I ordered won't be that different from the one that came with the car.

On a side-note, the cars got foglights and the Bose radio was not included. My 1993 car also doesn't have passenger airbags, which means I get slightly more storage. Will have to see if there are rear foglights available for the car. Very useful in the monsoon season.

I advise you to make well; insulation of the coil pack (rear engine) if you often roll under strong the rain of monsoon, much of problems because of moisture in the rear coil pack, to control if the joint is in good state :smile:

Many thanks for all the advice and information. I will be having some work done on the car and a closer inspection performed.

My mechanic friend has had a look at the car and he says that most things are in good order. I will be replacing most of the seals (they don't last very long in this climate) as well as the usual belts and fluid, since I don't have the service history.

I've managed to print the service manual and it is a valuable tome. Two volumes of around 600 pages each.

Thanks for the tip about the ignition coils, Thunder. It does get very wet when it isn't hot and humid here in Singapore. I will have to look into that.

Back