Barefoot or Cowboy Boots?

I saw an earlier thread on here and asked around about driving habits and it seems most guys have definite preferences about whether or not they drive barefoot. Do you ever drive barefoot? If so do you intentionally do it or is it the kind of thing where you're washing the car and don't bother putting shoes on before you pull into the garage?

From the posts I've seen and guys I talked to, they either love driving barefoot or hate driving barefoot. Its hard to understand those guys who say they have more feel or control while driving barefoot.

The guys who hate driving barefoot seem to go to the other extreme and drive in very hard soled shoes like cowboy boots. The boots seem like they'd be impossible to drive in. Of course you don't have as much control wearing something like a cowboy boot.

i can't drive stick if i can't feel the pedals

and i can't drive stick if i don't wear any shoes

if will need my hiking boots for later on

i usually have another pair of comfortable shoes in the car to drive with :p

One thing that's interesting is I notice when I drive barefoot (or just in socks), usually for a quick garage shuffle, or after washing the car, that I have so much more leg room, crazy how much shoes make a difference.

Back