Bad Paint on NSX-T @ John Eagle, Houston,TX? JH4NA21644T000023

JH4NA21644T000023

I saw in a previous post where someone had seen this car in person about a year ago, and the paint was apparently in pretty bad shape.

I am taking a flight down on Monday to John Eagle Acura in Houston,TX to view the car and possibly purchase

I was wondering if anyone local had seen the paint on the car lately?
e.g. has it been buffed, or is it still pretty scratched up etc.

I'm just hoping to not be dissapointed when I arrive at the dealer.

Re: Bad Paint on NSX-T @ John Eagle, Houston,TX?

hmmm, that is near my house. is the car on the outside? I could or I'm sure any of the Houston NSXers could go check it out for you and possibly take some pics and email them to you.

Wheelman said:
hmmm, that is near my house. is the car on the outside? I could or I'm sure any of the Houston NSXers could go check it out for you and possibly take some pics and email them to you.

When I spoke to TJ (the sales guy) yesterday it was still sitting outside, as they're probably hoping to sell it to someone just passing by.

If anyone could take a look at it without too much trouble I would be very greatfull.

I'm just always a little concerned when the dealer says mint condition, as it usually isn't what I consider mint.

thx.
-j

hey J,

is this the black 2004? it has minor scratch here and there consistent with 43k miles. Do you want me to post or email the pics to you? It has water beads all over the car so I couldn't do a full inspection due to the weather/rainy.

2 wheels on the driver's side has some curb rash. Paint looks ok to me but it had water spots all over the car from being outside and in the rain. Nothing noticeable, I could tell it needs a wax job. Rotors has slight rust on them from being outside. Nothing major on the outside that I could tell, but it is Sunday so the doors were locked and it was just a visual inspection. I wouldn't call it 'mint', perhaps excellent. 2004 w/ 43k miles is more than likely not gonna be mint.

Attachments

• blacknsx1.JPG
    blacknsx1.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 98
  • blacknsx2.JPG
    blacknsx2.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 111
  • blacknsx3.JPG
    blacknsx3.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 122
  • blacknsx4.JPG
    blacknsx4.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 113
  • blacknsx5.JPG
    blacknsx5.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Wheelman said:
hey J,

is this the black 2004? it has minor scratch here and there consistent with 43k miles. Do you want me to post or email the pics to you? It has water beads all over the car so I couldn't do a full inspection due to the weather/rainy.

My reseach says this VIN is a Black/Onyx 6 speed, so that is likely the car.

some more pics for you..

good luck either way..

Attachments

• driver rear wheel rash.JPG
    driver rear wheel rash.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 117
  • door scratch.JPG
    door scratch.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 147
  • light scrach driver fender.JPG
    light scrach driver fender.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 119
  • wheel little rash.JPG
    wheel little rash.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 100
  • sticker.JPG
    sticker.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 146
Wheelman,

I really can't thank you enough for the pics.
Your pics are the ones that I really wanted to see, now I have a better idea or what I'm dealing with when I arrive tomorrow morning.

This at least gives me a little more leverage on pricing now knowing this.

Site unseen it was originally going for 67, I offered 60, and they came back with 63, so kind of a happy medium, but again this is before really seeing the car.

So maybe we can knock off another 2K tomorrow for the roadrash etc.

Again, thanks for all your help and going out of your way for the pics.

Cheers,
-j

just wanted to say how nice it is to see people helping each other. i like being a member of this site because of things like this helpful scouting report

skipc

skipc said:
just wanted to say how nice it is to see people helping each other. i like being a member of this site because of things like this helpful scouting report

skipc

Don't thank him.
Wheelman did not post the video's he took of him drifting it around the dealer's parking lot. He will post those after the sale is completed.:biggrin: :biggrin:

J/K- I agree, thumbs up to you Wheelman!

JBLACK said:
Wheelman,

I really can't thank you enough for the pics.
Your pics are the ones that I really wanted to see, now I have a better idea or what I'm dealing with when I arrive tomorrow morning.

This at least gives me a little more leverage on pricing now knowing this.

Site unseen it was originally going for 67, I offered 60, and they came back with 63, so kind of a happy medium, but again this is before really seeing the car.

So maybe we can knock off another 2K tomorrow for the roadrash etc.

Again, thanks for all your help and going out of your way for the pics.

Cheers,
-j

Wow. Amazing price on a 2004 !
I would be amazed if you buy it below 63k, let us know how that turns out.

Modernceo said:
Wow. Amazing price on a 2004 !
I would be amazed if you buy it below 63k, let us know how that turns out.

Prepare to be amazed, 65K out the door, tax, title, license, and an 100K extended bumper to bumper warranty (not sure how good the warranty is, but my wife insisted, so we got it)

My wife and I flew into Houston this morning, straight to the dealer, and 2 hours later we were driving back home to Dallas.

And I must say, so far it has been a blast to drive, (even with the holiday traffic)

I was a little overwhelmed with the amount of attention at every stop we made.
People wanted to know what it was, how much it cost, if they could look inside, or take a picture with it, etc. etc. etc. *but I enjoyed every minute of it*

This is my first shot at a 6 speed in about 16 years, so it was good to see I didn't completely forget how to drive one. And after a 4 hour drive back home, I'm back into the groove again.

Wheelman did not post the video's he took of him drifting it around the dealer's parking lot. He will post those after the sale is completed.

Now, I can post it!:biggrin:

Back