Bad News, Its Official, My Nsx Is Totaled

I just got the word that my beloved 1995 NSX Black/Black is totaled. When the adjuster got it up on the lift at the local Acura dealer they found $22k in damage to the undercarriage. I am bummed as I had a lot of extra equipmentthe vehicle and I did not include it as an addendum on my insurance policy.
Those items included: Comptech headers, JGTC parallel exit exhaust, Cantrell cold air intake, SOS stage 2 psedophile stereo system with Subwoofer(about $1800), a 8 minute old top of the line Kenwood receiver,as I had just left the stereo shop after installation when the accident occured, HP EVO wheels, new tires- the two HP EVOs on the right side of car were destroyed in the accident. All new nitto tires except right front survived, Sirius satellite radio, JDM Dark tail light lenses( the contrast on a shiny black car is incredible) with "H" logo back center tail light, black "H" badge on front, a new thingie for the A/C so the fan and rheostat worked well(A/C really cold) as well as other stuff I can't remember.

On a positive note, can I ask someone who lives in the Elk Grove, California area to check out the 1996 NSX currently listed on Ebay with 90k miles on it, vin # JH4NA1184TT000307. The owner is Daniel Jackson. He says he is active in the NSX community there and that his vehicle is in excellent condition. Does anyone know the car? Is it in as good shape as he says it is. I am not questioning his integrity, I just would rather have some PRIME members give me a report on the car rather than have to fly to California to check it myself. If someone can go check on the car please post and I will give you the information on how to contact him. Thanks to all on PRIME, and especially to the engineers at Honda for building a vehicle that could take a blow like it did and allow me to walk away with just a slight pain in my left pinkie the next day.And finally thanks to God, who protected me in the accident and after when I was in the middle of 6 lanes of traffic coming at me at 75mph. Not one of those cars came close to hitting me and there was heavy traffic at the time. That, my friends, was not luck, but the grace and protection of a loving God.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow....glad you made it out alive. If you are looking to unload that stereo or headers, I am interested.

That stuff is going to have to go with the car as I did not keep the OEM stereo or exhaust system. Sorry.It is a truly sad story, but, as you can see from my last post I have made plans for my return. Thanks

If the car is totaled it should'nt matter to the ins. if you pull some of your equip. out. You should ask your agent.

Buy some old manifolds from somebody (if you have to) and get your headers back!

Just buy the car from the insurance company and part it out. Should be cheap. Or someone here might want to buy it and they could do it through you to get the insurance company price, just make a deal with them about the aftermarket parts (pay you for or let you take off).

No way would i let the insurance company sell the car to anyone else. That's the only way to get your money back for the parts. They normally will not let you remove anything from the car once the appraisal is done.

8 minute old stereo? That really sucks.

If the car is totaled it should'nt matter to the ins. if you pull some of your equip. out. You should ask your agent.

It matters to the insurance company because after the check is cut the car belongs to them. If he doesn't purchase it for the price they set the car will probably go to a auction and be half ass repaired or parted out. The more items missing the less they will get back from the auction sale.

I just bought the 1996, blk/blk off of ebay one owner with comptech headers, exhaust and intake, as well as some really awesome looking wheels and great tires, momo shifter, adjustable koni's, lowered 1 1/4 inch, one owner, non smoker- a rare find these days. The car has never been driven in the rain and I am getting all of the OEM parts(i.e. wheels with great tires, springs, shocks, shifter, exhaust, window sticker, books, keys, and every record of every time the car has been touched including oil changes.)
I am going to go to the Acura store and if they still have my car in the air maybe they can take off my exhaust and headers and I can get the stereo out and leave the head unit in.
I don't know what the Comptech headers, exhaust combo sounds like on my new NSX, but, I really enjoyed the Comptech headers, JGTC parallel exit exhaust combo I had on mine. It sounded incredible.
Does anyone know how that comptech header- exhaust combo sounds like? Would it be quiet relative to the JGTC setup?
Also, does anyone know an auto shipper that is reasonable from California to Louisiana?

Last edited:
I just bought the 1996, blk/blk off of ebay one owner with comptech headers, exhaust and intake, as well as some really awesome looking wheels and great tires, momo shifter, adjustable koni's, lowered 1 1/4 inch, one owner, non smoker- a rare find these days. The car has never been driven in the rain and I am getting all of the OEM parts(i.e. wheels with great tires, springs, shocks, shifter, exhaust, window sticker, books, keys, and every record of every time the car has been touched including oil changes.)
I am going to go to the Acura store and if they still have my car in the air maybe they can take off my exhaust and headers and I can get the stereo out and leave the head unit in.
I don't know what the Comptech headers, exhaust combo sounds like on my new NSX, but, I really enjoyed the Comptech headers, JGTC parallel exit exhaust combo I had on mine. It sounded incredible.
Does anyone know how that comptech header- exhaust combo sounds like? Would it be quiet relative to the JGTC setup?
Also, does anyone know an auto shipper that is reasonable from California to Louisiana?

Congrats on the new car, and sorry to hear about the accident. The Comptech exhaust has a nice low growl, not too loud. If you had the JGTC parallel before, it'll be night and day. I had Comptech header and JGTC parallel on my previous car, and there is just no way to not be noticed anywhere I go.

you should be able to swap all the stuff with no problem as long as you haven't signed the car over yet. you insured a 'stock' nsx so they get a 'stock' nsx in return. (this is why i keep all my OEM parts in storage...)

I am bummed as I had a lot of extra equipmentthe vehicle and I did not include it as an addendum on my insurance policy.
That doesn't mean it's not covered when it comes to calculating the amount of your reimbursement. See the Insurance section of the NSX FAQ for specifics.

How much would you have to pay to keep the car? It may be worth it to get all of your modifications and then just part the car out.

Brad

I got everything off except the headers, bought it for around $3700 and sold it for $7000 locally twenty minutes later. No headaches, and I came out with my stuff and more for the car. I am happy, Appreciate Life, Prescott

Back