Bad news about Kids' Day 7/24/13 at The Glen

I found out in april that the insurance company for camp good days was not going to permit the campers to attend kids day because it was open to all car clubs irrespective of whether they were students or certified open trackers. I proposed that the NSXCA be an exception and offered our insurance policy to cover our members. That was rejected.

Unfortunately, that means that in order for the kids to still have their day only students registered for that event plus any certified open tracker will be permitted to drive the kids on the track. Needless to say, this is very upsetting to the club and will result in the camp losing thousands in donations.

I will still be attending but it looks like our usual plans have been sidelined.

only students registered for that event
Could you elaborate on that bit? Is there some event that I could register with that would open me up to Kid's day?

I was thinking of trying to hit this event in conjunction with a visit to my family in the Rochester area.

Track masters runs only 1 student group per event and this one is for intermediate level students. If you fit that group you can register for this event. Otherwise, no other events will count unless you get certified as open track before that.

wow once again kids day has a wrinkle..but at least there is a possible something....I'm doing the two day OT ..Bob so who will be coming up?We can still do a smaller Tues night dinner.

This is really sad, for the kids and those that have participated for years, without incident. This "liability issue" with the club's insurance should have been satisfied. I'm sorry that these times have come to the point where putting a smile on a child's face, is now "not insurable".

:(

well it just means less cars to take kids.....which if the camp census is high means that not everyone may get a turn or maybe only one lap...just a cluster...:frown: Amazing that now they decide this after years without incident as Roger already stated ...unless something happened that we don't know about.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed your call john. Will give you a buzz tomorrow.

Working on a compromise if possible. Will let everyone know if something can be done.

Bob,

I thought that the fee paid to Trackmasters for Kid's day participation was in part for the insurance. How would the camp know which car had what insurance otherwise? I plan on attending and participating in the driving event either way so count me in.

See y'all there,

Tytus

Bob,

I thought that the fee paid to Trackmasters for Kid's day participation was in part for the insurance. How would the camp know which car had what insurance otherwise? I plan on attending and participating in the driving event either way so count me in.

See y'all there,

Tytus

The fee of $60 was used to cover the expense of the lunch and the rest was donated to the camp.

It is not the drivers' insurance that is of concern but the camp's coverage. If there is a car registered as a student or open tracker for this event or anyone already certified an open tracker then those drivers would be permitted. I am not too confident in the opinion the camp got on this but as of right now that is the only way they will bring the kids to the track.

- - - Updated - - -

STAY TUNED FOR GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

"Hi Bob!
Of course you are able and we HOPE you will be involved and give our kids rides.
When we discussed with our insurance company the event, we failed to mention your involvement.
We are excited and looking forward to the event. It is one the highlights of the summer for the kids! ( and the volunteers,,, and the staff,, 
Thank you for supporting us again and we look forward to seeing you and the drivers!!

Wendy Bleier-Mervis
Executive Director
Camp Good Days & Special Times, Inc."

Great news Bob!! I just booked a room at The Falls!!!

Back