Bad experience with Brad of Autologic.....

26000 light years from the nearest black hole
Over a period of a month or so, I have emailed Brad NUMEROUS times asking him to advise me as to the scheduling/cost of sevicing my NSX. I gave him a list of things I wanted done and asked that he please advise me as to the cost and as to when I should bring in the car. I got no response.

I called him dozens of times, he picked up the phone (by mistake?) once....I asked him if he had a chance to look at my emails and if he could please let me know. He sounded hurried and told me that he was just then about to email me a response and that instead of telling me on the phone he would just email me. I thanked him and waited for the email. It has now been two weeks since that and still no email from him. I have left him messages on his answering machine as well but have never received any response of any nature from him.

I had heard good things about Brad and that is why I thought to contact him. From the lack of common courtesy that he has displayed, I have decided to not contact him anymore and am rather surprised that others who have dealt with him have not said anything of this nature....or are they just glad that someone in Houston can work on their cars! Well, I am fortunate that I found an extremely capable and very experienced "NSX" technician at an Acura Dealership who has worked on my previous NSX as well and whom I have given the task of servicing my current NSX (Timing belt, water pump, all engine belts, valve adjust, brake, clutch and manual transmission fluid change, brake pads, spark plugs, coolant flush and fill, all hoses changed etc.).
All this will be backed by warranty by Acura and granted it may perhaps cost a bit more, it will come with peace of mind and without having to run after someone to get it done.

I am glad we live in a major city and have choices.

Im sorry you had such a hard time getting a hold of us. My name is Jason and I am part owner and head tech at Autologic. We stay very busy and have a hard time getting to the phones all the time. There are only 2 of us working full time at the shop. Its very hard for us to answer the phones and emails during the day and try to get everything answered first thing in the mornings and in the late afternoons. Im glad you found a qualified tech to take care of the work on your car. However, Im sure if you talk with our current NSX customers you'll see that our customer service goes far beyond what the dealership can do.

I remember Brad responding to your email and after several days of no response assumed you did not like our pricing. This happens very often in this industry and there is not much we can do about it. Apparently the email was either misdirected or lost.

I would like to invite you to our facility as a fellow NSX enthusiast to see our projects progress, just to whet your appetite, we have a 96 993 C2 that we are turbocharging, a 91 Nissan 240 SX with a custom turbo system, and a Pro/Am 91 Integra projected to make 600HP at the wheels. We also have Brad's personal 94 NSX with a lot of one-off custom goodies as well as DPG's 91 with a full custom header and exhaust system and a lot of carbon fiber to top it off.

Again I would like to apologize for the inconvenience, and I would also like to extend my appreciation for considering our business in the first place.

Jason Herrera
Autologic, Inc.
Houston, Tx

I think Jason probably summed it up well. I am the DPG that he talked about briefly. I have always gotten my work done at Autologic and Brad and Jason have always been nice and courteous to me. I am sure there had to be some kind of miscommunication with the email. I have never known Brad to not get back to someone. And to the dealership thing, I agree with Jason. There have been times that I had problems with my car away from there shop and they took there time out to come out to where I was at to look at the problem. Now that is what I call real service. I think some lines were crossed the wrong way on this one. Best of luck to you. If you are taking your car to Sterling McCall say hi to Carl for me. He is a good friend of mine and Brads. He does great work as well. He is the most knowledgable tech in Houston on the NSX. Sorry to hear this happened.

David G.

I thank you Mr. Herrera for taking the time

to respond to my concern. The overwhelming good feedback about Autologic is what had brought me to contact your business and it appears that as happens occasionally with any well run business, sometimes there are gaps in communication that are unfortunately unavoidable.

I also thank Brad for his PM to me yesterday.

Best Regards and the Best Wishes for a continued successful operation. :)

Back