• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

bad experience buying bose..anybody know this guy

his name on ebay is universalcity and his email is [email protected]. he sent me bad bose speakers which is not unusual because they all go bad at one time or another but hes saying that i blew them up. i had circuit city install a new system when they plugged them in and they didnt so much as whisper anything. the head unit was still good. fyi i put in a set of polks from cc and they sound awesome. now im fighting to get my money back from this person any info on this guy or buying experiences will help alot.
aaron

[email protected]

NSXMANN said:
...he sent me bad bose speakers which is not unusual because they all go bad at one time or another but hes saying that i blew them up. i had circuit city install a new system when they plugged them in and they didnt so much as whisper anything. the head unit was still good.

The Bose units are powered speakers. If they were hooked up to a non-OEM, powered head unit as if they were passive drivers, they may have indeed blown up. Or melted down.

Yup! Sounds like you attached a high level powered output to the line level input of the Bose units which would have almost instantly fried them. Your best recourse is to either use them as door stops or send to to BrianK for repair then re-sell them once they are repaired.

Back