Bad Bad eBay jh4na1159pt000556

This is not fraud. Not necessarily, anyway. If someone unintentionally gets some things wrong about the car due to lack of knowledge about it, that is not fraud.

IMO there are too many instances of REAL fraud on eBay - listings where the auction's seller doesn't even own the car he's selling - to bother eBay's fraud folks about a few factual errors that any knowledgeable owner would know aren't true. Instead, just send an e-mail to the seller asking him to correct his listing.

I agree with nsxtasy: this pales by comparison to other Ebay nonsense I've seen (posting the VIN of a different car, for example).

The seller has added an apology saying that the transmission has 5 forward speeds.

But the description is still a bit off the mark. The 100 MPH before shifting to third gear is pretty funny.

Misrepresentation is Fraud

It doesn't matter whether the seller is lining his pockets with someone else's misfortune to you?

I know of the other scams, but somehow a subtle scam like this is pretty shi**y. The seller shouldn't ever advertise something that he can't prove, that's just good ethics.

I bought a Miata back in '01, and the car was rated at 155hp by Mazda. It turned out the cars only had 142hp, so Mazda gave every owner the chance to sell back their car or take a free service agreement. I took the free service. If a large foreign company cares about people enough to admit their mistakes, then maybe the jack*ss who put his fugly smile at the bottom of that eBay auction should take a hint.

I wouldnt really hold him for the mistakes he made (he obviously does not know much about the car) BUT that car is NO WHERE near MINT/EXCELLENT he claims it to be.

Only has 33509 miles and looks like that?? Hmmmmmm????

spartan2-3 said:
I wouldnt really hold him for the mistakes he made (he obviously does not know much about the car) BUT that car is NO WHERE near MINT/EXCELLENT he claims it to be.

Only has 33509 miles and looks like that?? Hmmmmmm????

What is wrong with the car? I didn't see anything from the photos except the seat had lots of creases. Maybe the owner was a big person and the car was out in the sun all day.

Get a life!

slashmatt said:
It doesn't matter whether the seller is lining his pockets with someone else's misfortune to you?
:rolleyes: Take a deep breath, Matt. He is not "lining his pockets". He made a few simple, honest mistakes that anyone who knows anything about the NSX will recognize as that. "Fraud" is the intentional misrepresentation of a car. This is neither intentional nor serious misrepresentation; in fact, it's even less important than, say, someone who says that the tires have 80 percent tread and it turns out to be 70 percent tread.

There are too many REAL situations of fraudulent misrepresentation to pursue, to get upset about some minor mistakes - especially ones that he has apparently corrected.

Re: Get a life!

nsxtasy said:
There are too many REAL situations of fraudulent misrepresentation to pursue, to get upset about some minor mistakes - especially ones that he has apparently corrected. [/B]

Sure, simple mistake, most car dealers call 5 speed cars with revers 6-speeds, give me a break.

Re: Re: Get a life!

slashmatt said:
Sure, simple mistake, most car dealers call 5 speed cars with revers 6-speeds, give me a break.

care to share the reason why you hate this seller?

Back