Back in search of again....

First, this is a great site with very knowledgeable and mature members! I've enjoyed reading posts and the amount of respect shared between Prime Members as well as the effort that goes into help potential and current owners.
I'm a member on Bimmerforums and on the M5Board. I debated over the NSX before purchasing my old '97 540 and my current '01 M5 years ago. I've posted on here a few times and I've been lurking on this site for what seems like forever because I know I want to finally own one. Just couldn't justify it with also owning a 2 seater pickup and a sportsbike. Not enough room for the family in case of an emergency with the wife's vehicle. I sold the pickup over Xmas and bought another 4runner. Which, by the way, is the best SUV ever! I owned one back in '96 and regretted selling it 4 years later. Extremely happy to be back in one. Now I have enough space for the fam as well as our dog. Now that the M5 has run its course with me. I believe it's time for us to part ways and finally get the NSX. Two entirely different cars but I've always wanted something to be worthy of sitting in the garage during the winter months and babied all the time. BMW's are made to be driven and when you don't...the maintenance becomes even more $$$$$$. I have a daily driver and only drive my car on nice days. It hasn't been too much of a maintenance hound, but it is right about that time and mileage (70k) to require more attention. More attention that I'm willing to give right now. The M...although a great vehicle looks almost like a regular 5 series to the common driver. Only true BMW or car enthusiast can appreciate it. The NSX...you almost never see. I love the rarity of it and all the great things that comes with ownership. I almost sold my car a month ago but I backed out because I thought I was still attached to it. Now I'm truly ready to let her go and not look back. The M is back on the selling block permanently this weekend. I will be replacing her with the NSX and planning on owning for a very long time so I may be doing more than just lurking on this site soon! :biggrin:

good luck with your search, hope you find a nice one.

I too have had many bmw cars. I liked them a lot and actually wish I still had one of them my 2002 530i - great car and comfy and it got 30 mpg on the road!!! I like the M5 and would like to see pics of that car! Please feel free to pm me with that if you get a chance or the link to your sale.

You'll like the NSX. I've recently gotten out of Porsches which is why I sold my 2002 530i. Been an owner for about 1 year now and I'm mighty happy with my 91 Silver with about 46k on it. They are great cars and this is a great site full of helpful guys that are always ready to help with advice - ohhhhh yes, plenty of that here! I should know I dish it out in big long emails as you will most likely find out if you haven't already. Anyway it's all meant to be helpful. I got so much when I first joined up and started looking that I feel honor bound to do my duty to the other new guys.

Welcome and have fun looking - the search is always and in many ways the most fun part!

good luck with your search, hope you find a nice one.

Thanks!! Me too!!

I too have had many bmw cars. I liked them a lot and actually wish I still had one of them my 2002 530i - great car and comfy and it got 30 mpg on the road!!! I like the M5 and would like to see pics of that car! Please feel free to pm me with that if you get a chance or the link to your sale.

You'll like the NSX. I've recently gotten out of Porsches which is why I sold my 2002 530i. Been an owner for about 1 year now and I'm mighty happy with my 91 Silver with about 46k on it. They are great cars and this is a great site full of helpful guys that are always ready to help with advice - ohhhhh yes, plenty of that here! I should know I dish it out in big long emails as you will most likely find out if you haven't already. Anyway it's all meant to be helpful. I got so much when I first joined up and started looking that I feel honor bound to do my duty to the other new guys.

Welcome and have fun looking - the search is always and in many ways the most fun part!

Thanks! I'll be detailing and taking pics on Friday. I've been in a BMW for the past 8 years and love the cars. Just need something new(to me) and exciting. The M has been by far the best of them. Owned a E34 535i, E39 540 i/6 and the E39 M5. Considered the E60 M5, but kind of tired of the heavy sport sedan scene. Although 500Hp would have been nice. BTW...I don't mind long detailed emails! Look forward to learning from all of you! Here are a couple of old pics. I sold the SSR GT3 wheels in this pic recently so it will come with a custom set powdercoated. I'll PM you the for sale link when I get it up.

Attachments

• Pic.jpg
    Pic.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 69
  • M5_1.jpg
    M5_1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Car_4a[1].jpg
    Car_4a[1].jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Car_2[1].jpg
    Car_2[1].jpg
    42 KB · Views: 64
You should get the new m3, those are sick.....or sell your m5 and get an nsx and a older m3. I know what your talking about on maintaince, my bro bought an m3, white, stick with 79k miles and it had needed (in the past 2 months) all new belts, thermostat, bushings all around, gaskets, oil pan gasket, constant pressure valve....I hope nothing else. My nsx in a year has needed......nothing :) and thats why I love it.

Nice M5 man, I'm a fan as well. Good luck with your search and take your time. You won't regret buying the NSX:smile:

good luck,I have driven an 05 m5 and felt like it was a 4 door nsx:wink: BTW funny story an old friend came to visit the other day with his beloved rare 02 6 speed 540 green sport pack with all the M stuff from the factory just not the engine.

I love BMW cars. They are a great mix of comfort and sportiness. I have a Dinan 335 with manual gearbox. Between the 335i and the NSX I am pretty content with my cars to get around town. I will say that if your bimmer is out of warranty it can be a nightmare of getting it fixed later on. I almost bought a E46 M3 but decided against it and went with the E92 body style. The NSX is a great car but the interior will feel a bit out of date compared to some of the German cars. The Japanese were never the best at making a nice interior setup I always thought. Still, the NSX is a grassroots race car. It is mid-engine, no power steering on the older cars, and they have a 8200 rpm redline. The design is timeless as well.

Dynamic-uzed-auto - Ha! I would love to have both!! Just don't think the wife will go for that.

VegasSpeed - Yeah...I've been all about and owned BMW's for the past 9 years. Absolutely love the cars but looking for a car that I can possibly track as well. You can track the M but it's just too heavy for me. I want something that actually looks and feels like a sports car.

docjohn - I actually had a guy tell me his cousin has a 525 that looks just like mine. :mad:

I am glad to hear you have decided to give the NSX a try. You definately will NOT regret it! Good Luck on your search. Be sure to buy one with documented service history so you know what you are getting. There are a lot of cars out there with deferred maintenance. Lots of owners can barely afford to get into one and then sell without keeping up with the service.

nice M5, I say keep both hehehe

Ha! A year later I agree with that!!

Thought I'd bring this thread back to life since I'm in the market and seriously looking now. Hopefully the M5 will have a stable mate soon. Decided that I couldn't part ways with the M so I will be keeping it as well. Too much invested in it and it is still a thrill to drive. I will keep the M as the family car depending on where we go and the NSX will be for me and when the wife and I have our "date nights".

I did go take a look at a NSX today. It was at a local dealership. Didn't have any records and the dealer really had no idea about the car. He just said it was reliable. I rode with him as he drove it to the other side of the lot. It started up a little rough and the suspension felt a little stiff and we drove over a rough spot behind the lot. I know the car should have more of a raw sports car feel and I'm fine with that. I'm just not that familiar with how the NSX should sound. Is it sort of a rough sounding engine during start up until it warms up? I'll post the vid I took when I get it off my phone.

Last edited:
Back