AW YEAH: Pickin' up my Red'93 1k ride back to Fla

I can't eat; can't sleep. I'm flying out to Houston from Sarasota Fl to pick up my nearly stock Red/Black '93. This car has everything I wanted at a price I can handle. Had the car checked out by the same dealership that had serviced the car from day 1. Only issues were leaky valve cover which the owner is going to cover and slightly worn struts.

Previous owners on the forum were Matt Streeter (mattsnsx) and Bobby Crumpley(countrysquire) I spoke with Matt and he had nothing but good stuff to say about the car. He sold it after crashing his motorcycle last year. As of last week he still cannot drive a clutch.(Get Well Matt!) Bobby is selling the car to me as he has the itch for a Cobra.

So far Bobby and I have exchanged a deposit for the title. I went to the Tag office here in Fla and got a temp plate and full insurance form Allstate with a $500 deductable for only $345 every 6 Months. NOT BAD!

I went to AAA today and got maps, hotel infor and a trip tix for the 1000 mile ride. I bought a Bra for the car to protect it during the ride home.(100 bucks) I also bought a Whistler pro 73 to protect me. This is a pretty good unit for $125 bucks but I'll let you know how good it works. Yes, Yes I know shoulda bought a V1 or Passport.

Any additional advice would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the copy from the car ad here on prime and a link to the pix.
We are selling our '93 if someone is looking for an original, unmodified car that is as close to new as you might find. Three mature owners from new and has spent all of its life in Texas and Arizona. No accidents, no bodywork, always stored inside with cover. Perfect paint is original and shines like a red mirror with only tiny micro chips on the front from driving. Entire car including engine bay, spare tire bay, undercarriage and suspension is clean enough to eat off of. The black leather is beautiful and shows no wear. This NSX is completely stock except for the tires and wheels, powder coated brake calipers and Alpine/Infinity/Fosgate stereo system. I have a few pictures of it and will be happy to take digital pictures of any part of the car that you'd like to see. Fly in and drive home.

-83K miles, will pass for 8,300
-Have all factory service records from day one.
-Clean Carfax report
-30K, 45K, and 60K service (completed at Acura Southwest)
-Powder coated brake calipers
-SSR GT-1 17X7.5 18X9 wheels -Dunlop SP 9000 215/40ZR-17 265/35ZR-18 tires (90% tread remaining)

Also included with this car:
-Acura factory car cover ($220 value)
-Helm 1993 factory service manual set ($100 value)
-Stock wheels and tires (80% tread remaining)
-Stock stereo and cd changer

$32,500

I paid $31,500 for those that care. Thanks, Brian
PS The plate will read NSX LNT. Will post pix of the car soon!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52704

Well, if you're going to be in Houston this Friday - Sunday you need to modify your plans so that you can attend NSteXpo. It'd be a great way to break in your car!

Brian:

You lucky son of *!^%...lol ....I saw the pictures...thats a very nice nsx...plus your getting all those extras, including the custom wheels, colored calipers, tint.etc.....these alone are worth couple of thousand dollars......

As you know, i drove my car 2000 miles from arizona to wisconsin...couple of weeks ago. The nsx handles the long distant ride great..

I also drove the same road your taking from houston to daytona, fl few years back, its a nice drive.

You asked for advice. Well you got your temp plates, you got your maps(so you got AAA, which is great), you got your radar. Hmm maybe some redbull lol
(I like to drive mostly at night more than in the day on long trips, this way i avoid traffic. But thats my own prefs. Some people are not comfortable doing so)

One big thing i didnt see you mention is Insurance ! .. Call your insurance company and start insurance coverage on the car, before you pick it up. You can always change your insurance particulars once you get home .

keep us updated

good luck

ooops, my bad, i just read it again, and saw you got insurance....

well....then your set !!! lol

Congrats on the purchase. Is the car alarmed? If not, you may want to disconnect the ignition if you plan on staying at a hotel/motel without secured parking. Check previous threads. I hope you can sneak back between the storms queuing up in the gulf. I am north of you in Tampa and am very happy the X handles well in the rain. Hope to see you at a future Central Florida meet. Jerry

Thanks for all the kind words and good advice. When I decide to catch some zzzzzz's you can bet I won't be staying at motel 6. I plan to spend some $$$$ at a high end chain and keep the car cover on all night.

Since I do not know if the car has an alarm I was thinking of letting all the air out of the tires so nobody can steal it. ;)

PS Not only have I never driven an NSX I HAVE NEVER EVEN SAT IN ONE NOR DO I KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS OWNED ONE!!!! My decision was made because of a promise I made to myself to own one before I turned 40 (now 37). Being on this board has fully pushed me over the top with all the friendly advice. Can't wait to hook up with you guys!

I bought my white 93 with 28k miles from Sarasota last year in October! Congrats and welcome!

Back