Average maintenance costs

I've been thinking about getting an NSX, I've even gone so far as to list a wanted ad here. Gotten a lot of good replies that I'm looking into, but then I started wondering exactly how much it may cost me in upkeep. I know every car is different, but I think if I get a number of figures, then I can get a pretty good estimate for how much it will cost. So here goes:

About how much do you spend each year on upkeep for your 91-94 NSX?

how much for a typical oil change and do they need to use a specific brand?

thanks in advance

"steering rack problem and that part at my cost is 5600.00...ouch!!!"

WOW 1st time I have heard that :eek: . Can it be rebuilt?

Most of the dealers charge $40 to $50 for oil change. 30K service is around $600. If you keep the car stock, I highly recommend a late model NSX with factory warrantee. 2002 or newer, this way, potential repairs will be covered under the term. The car in general is very reliable, but if you find an early to mid 90’s car, make sure it has a good service record, because problem will happen with poorly kept car. I had a 95 and had a head gasket problem around 48K miles. The problem was due to assembly flaw, but didn’t surface till 9 years later; they had to drop the engine and it cost me 3 grand… The Bose system can have issues as well, which either requires rebuilt or replacement, which is also costly. Timing belt, water pump and all other drive belts cost me around 2200 to replace, because I had the tech drop the engine to do the job…

Good luck

Vance Hu

PS. I felt a lot better after trading my 95 for a used 03, and it came with 100k Honda care warrantee.

Back