Autoclub Speedway track day August 13

It's been some time since my last track event at last year's NSXPO. So, I'm contemplating going to Autoclub Speedway on Saturday, August. 13. They will be utilizing the Full Course or "ROVAL" configuration. I've been there once before and enjoyed it. Much more fun than Willow Springs.

The price is $190 plus a $10 track fee. It's more fun to go with someone. Anyone have a need for speed?

Well Steve, how was the HPDE????? Do you have any pic or vids to show us?

Best,

Mario

I don't own a digital camera so no cockpit videos to share- yet. It was a perfect day at the track. Weather was clear with temps 10 degrees below normal. 87 degrees in Fontana in August? Wow!

Speed Ventures is a great HPDE event planning organization. This was my second visit to Auto Club Speedway with Speed Ventures. Just another great experience. 120mph going into turn 2 on skinny street tires! I could have gone faster but too timid to push my driving skills and nerve just yet. Besides, I get my thrills being challenged by the technical part of a track.

Aside from driver skills, I went up against Porsche, GTR, Corvette, M3, and an assortment of turbo'd Subies, Evos, Mustangs, an awesome Ultra GT (who simply blew by me) and whatnot. This in addition to the Miata and Corvette Challenge guys also in the blue group. The superior handling of the NSX on tight high-speed turns is astounding. One day, I will be on wide type-R tires along with a 1" rear sway bar. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Yes, I would have loved to join you.

Also, have you noticed that one of my posts disappeared from this thread? it was there, then gone, then back and now gone. Weird.

Back