Authentic Prospective NSX Owner Car Key Case

Did anyone ever receive one of these back in the days?

166177_10100129564962628_5703398_53451864_4644980_n.jpg

History: I was talking to my parents about how I eventually want to buy an NSX, and they gave me this wood NSX key box they received a long time ago in the mail. Supposedly, it had a key inside and you took it to your Acura dealer to see if it would fit inside the NSX, and if it did, you won it. My parents live in Potomac MD, so I'm not sure it this was just a local promotion, or if it was on a national level.

*Edit* Above story is probably not true, lol

Last edited:
Pretty cool. Never seen one.

there was this post awhile ago about this box it didnt come with the key but it came with a Pen with the NSX logo on it and something else I forget what.

it was given to the media outlets or where part of the introduction to the car I forget.

but its def not for the key. I will try and find the thread about it.

I am not doubting your parents and that may have been a local thing only.

the guy had all the original stuff that went inside of this box mint never removed.he posted pics. it had slot for the different items.
one slot for the pen, another slot for the other stuff.

I think also it came with a piece of glass with a pic of the NSX on it

I cant find the post though

Last edited:
Yeah, it doesn't look like it was for a key. It looks like it could fit brouchure packet in there or something. I just put a key in there and snapped a pic, lol. Hmm, I wonder how they got it and where the rest of the stuff is...

Thanks for the clarification! That sounds a lot more logical. Why would they give away a $80k car? They probably got this mixed up with a radio station contest, because I remember the radio used to give out keys which could potentially open a car door or trunk on a dealer's parking lot

Last edited:
there was this post awhile ago about this box it didnt come with the key but it came with a Pen with the NSX logo on it and something else I forget what.

it was given to the media outlets or where part of the introduction to the car I forget.

but its def not for the key. I will try and find the thread about it.

I am not doubting your parents and that may have been a local thing only.

the guy had all the original stuff that went inside of this box mint never removed.he posted pics. it had slot for the different items.
one slot for the pen, another slot for the other stuff.

I think also it came with a peice of glass with a pic of the NSX on it

I cant find the post though

the box i was given by orig owner of my car contained a pen,light,air pressure gauge, acura key fob, it is covered in like a black velvet with a gold NSX sleeve

Last edited:
Back