audio upgrade

up grading my sound system:the following have been recommended

focal 165krc 6-3/4 speakers
harman kardon ca280e amp

going to get the SOS OEM to after market adapter and looking for an i pod adapter..

anyone any advice /experience on audio upgrades?

What particular audio upgrades are you wanting to do?

Speakers are subjective so the best bet is to listen to what sounds good to you then get that. There are many good brands out there (as well as expensive) but what matters most is what sounds best to you.

Amps, depends on budget as well as speakers. If you get efficient speakers then you don't really need a high wattage amplifier. However, more power offers more headroom so there's something to consider. For me, I like to have more power on tap if/when I need it (you never know when you might upgrade).

Head Unit, depends on what features you want. Stick to the popular brands (Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC, Eclipse, McIntosh, Denon, Clarion, Sony, etc).

advise is so subjective.
there so many things you can do, search some out.

here is what I did, :smile:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91077&highlight=stereo+upgrade+nav

good luck

my word of advise is to too as much as you can, it's so rewarding knowing that you did it. (I'm a nut when it comes to clean installs)

And as good as a stereo installer says they are...they will 'hack' it in as fast as they can :redface: ...time is money :cool:

Back