Audi R8 versus Audi RS4 - technically similar??

MvM

Legendary Member
I was looking over the specs of both the Audi R8 and the Audi RS4.

Apart from sharing the same engine, it seems like both cars are much more technically similar than I suspected.

Both wheelbase and track-width front & rear are practically the same.
Engine and gearbox are the same AFAIK, only the R8 has a ligther flywheel.
Also know that the R8 used an previous version of the 4WD system where the RS4 has the newer one.

Does anyone else know exactly just how technically similar the R8 and RS4 are. If you take a side picture of the R8 and erase the side-blades, you immediately notice how long (or should I say elongated) the R8 suddenly will look.
Could it be that the R8 is just an upgraded RS4 with a different kind of bodykit?

No Way.

The Specs are the same but if you look at the weight distriubtion, Springs, Shocks, Drivers Position and Seat Height you will quickly realize that these are different cars, different chassies.

Yes they both Share "quattro" and both Share the same engine and probably many interior electronics.

But they are not the same car at all.

Front Engine Vs. Mid Engine. That pretty much shows you that they are not the same car. Sure they use the same engine/quattro but one is a A4 sedan the other is a Baby Gallardo. big difference! BIG difference!!

Same brake rotors and pads on the RS4 as on my Gallardo....(except for the sensors) dont know what the R-8 has for brakes...

I can't speak technically, but I've driven both. They have different driving styles and feel very different from one another. It's kind of like comparing an NSX to an M3 if you will. At least that's how I'd describe it first-hand.

Same brake rotors and pads on the RS4 as on my Gallardo....(except for the sensors) dont know what the R-8 has for brakes...

I had the opportunity to drive a Superleggera too. AWESOME car!!:smile:

Back