ATTN: Die Cast fans

FYI, Big Lots has a sale on 1:18 die-cast cars for $9.99 each until 11/9. Here's a pic of my haul from tonight. :D Most of the cars are Hot Wheels, except for the Z (which is a Yat Ming brand). Please post your finds here. :cool:

diecasts.jpg

Thanks for the find PHOEN$X. But why do you have to post this thread so late that I read it at 9:30PM when the store is already closed!!! :D

Gotta check tomorrow.

-Randy

FuryNSX said:
why do you have to post this thread so late that I read it at 9:30PM when the store is already closed!!! :D
Sorry buddy, just wanted to make sure you slept on it before spending your hard-earned $$$! ;) (Besides, shouldn't you be working on the November calendar? :p)

Here's the actual page from the ad.

large100612.jpg

Last edited:
thanks, phoen$x.....i've never heard of this store before and just did a search...there's one about 5 miles away from my workplace...

it's 9:14am friday pacific std time now.....they're open from 9-9pm...

i'm heading out now....i'll update in an hour with the goodies.....

that F50 looks awesome.....thanks, man.....i owe you one.....

just got back.....items i managed to find that i'm interested are

F-50 (2 silvers)
512 (red)
550 (yellow)
Viper GTS-R (red wil silver stripes)
Murcielago (lime green)

i've got to attack a few more stores before the sale ends.

i want that yellow F-50......

thanks again, man.....

Blue Knight said:
thanks, phoen$x.....i've never heard of this store before and just did a search...there's one about 5 miles away from my workplace...
Blue Knight,
The old Pic N Save stores were rebranded as Big Lots! a few years ago. They still look the same inside.

-Randy

Funny, Big Lots used to be MacFrugals here. Anyway, they have good closeout sales sometimes, and they mail the ciculars directly to my house so I always keep an eye open for interesting deals such as these. I got my BBurago Countach there as well as the Road & Track NSX.

My brother is a Ducati fan, so he picked up the 996 model of that as well:

B00001SVSR.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

A sick addiction...

Went to a different Big Lots today, and picked up a few more pieces :D. Also got a 2004 sports car calendar for $0.99. Reminds me, my local Costco and Sam's Club warehouses are selling 1:18 Maisto cars for $10 apiece. Got me a silver '03 Mustang Cobra vert from Costco.

diecasts2.jpg

thanks for the info, randy....i've never shopped at any of those above mentioned places or even know of their existence until today.....

i found at least another dozen big lots stores within a 30 mile radius....

my search continues tomorrow....

i see that my collection so far matches very closely with everyone else's....i still need to get the yellow F-50.....

Zuerst said:
Where did you get that white NSX? Who makes it?

The White NSX is made by Kyosho......and has been discountinued for a long time already.....but it does pop up on ebay once in a while but doesn't go for anything less than $80..... i would buy more if it's under $80 :)

Last edited:
managed to get two more models

TVR speed 12
Saleem S7

almost bought the F575MM but the line at big lots was just too freakin long.....time is $$$

i managed to find 5 big lots around my area.....

Man, what an exhausting hunt! I hit 4 Big Lots, and got all these (not pictured is another Ferrari 333SP I picked up today for my bro). I never did find a 360 though. :(

biglots.jpg

i'm going to try to hit a few more big lots today.....the supply is getting low everywhere i go now. i'm lucky to find any of these.
there was one particular store that had almost nothing left....only a bunch of lime green murcielagos......

it's so hard to find the yellow F-50 and F-40s....

AndyH said:
am i the only one with the viper ??

if you refer to my post all the way up there, you'll see that i also bought one...

now i have a total of 3 viper coupes....red, black and white and two viper SRT-10...black and silver.

Back