• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Attention: Tom Bell of RP-Motorsports

Tom Bell,

Since you are not responding to my private messages and my e-mails, I am posting here. I know you are logging on to nsxprime and you are deliberately ignoring my private messages. I ordered a complete set of H&R 25mm spacers (front and rear) from you on February 18, 2006 and you confirmed that you received my payment. Why won't you give me an approximate date when you will be able to ship them to me? You told me you already received one set (either the front or rears) and another set was coming in last week. Why won't you ship me the items I have paid for, or at the very least keep me updated? I chose to purchase these items from you because you have good feedback from the NSX community. Please send me my items or refund my money. Thanks.

Eric Liu

Just my 2 cents....

I buy all my parts from Science of Speed. Ive never dealt with Tom and im sure he's a nice guy but I like to purchase from a place with a phone number and a store front type operation. In other words, people who sell NSX parts to make their living. Dali and RP Motorsports seem like hobbies or side jobs for their owners, and I think this is fine for some but I like to know whats up at all times. You save a couple bucks but is the hassle worth it?:wink:

The Kid said:
Just my 2 cents... You save a couple bucks but is the hassle worth it?:wink:

It's like Costco vs. Whole Foods. You can save money, but the customer service is always lacking with cheaper prices. :wink:

everybodies experiences are not the same. Its easy to buy stuff thats in stock, but drop shipping stuff like wheels, body kits, etc are the challenge

The Kid said:
Just my 2 cents....

I buy all my parts from Science of Speed. Ive never dealt with Tom and im sure he's a nice guy but I like to purchase from a place with a phone number and a store front type operation. In other words, people who sell NSX parts to make their living. Dali and RP Motorsports seem like hobbies or side jobs for their owners, and I think this is fine for some but I like to know whats up at all times. You save a couple bucks but is the hassle worth it?:wink:

I agree with The Kid, I just prefer to buy my NSX parts from SOS and a person with a phone number I can reach. I think it's a hassle to deal with someone who you cant reach or get a hold of. SOS is always their to answer my questions or concerns. They have been really helpful and I recommend them 100%. You pay a little more but the customer service is top notch and thats priceless!!!!

I was trying to get pricing for wheels 3 or 4 weeks ago and probably would have saved some money through Tom but i cant deal with late, little ,or no responce. So instead of the HP Evo's I got RPM R505's through discount tire Locally and paid for a warranty as well.:tongue:

Somehow this topic kept coming up....

Potential buysers should REALLY do a search for the vendors doing business on Prime for purchase decisions.

Well, I have not deal with Tom, but recently had purchase from both SOS and Dali, no problems at all, both answered my questions quickly and made the transactions nice and smooth.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I bought brake rotors from Tom and the transaction was speedy enough for me. But there is a delay between e-mails since he has a full time job and travels some. If you are not in a hurry and want to save a little money, his prices are hard to beat. I think that he is an honest guy.

Ko-nsx said:
Its easy to buy stuff thats in stock, but drop shipping stuff like wheels, body kits, etc are the challenge

Very true, things that are on the shelf, is instant. Waiting for b/o stuff, or other supplier delays, the end retailer (me) gets 100% of the blame. EVERYONE deals with the same stuff. (SOS, DALI, 2NERWERKS etc)

And the most important thing is I DID let Eric know in a PM and email that I had 2/4 and would ship them out as soon as the other 2 came in.

OLDE GUY said:
I bought brake rotors from Tom and the transaction was speedy enough for me. But there is a delay between e-mails since he has a full time job and travels some. If you are not in a hurry and want to save a little money, his prices are hard to beat. I think that he is an honest guy.
iagree.gif

RP-Motorsports said:
Eric, I told you in my last email AND PM that I received 2 out of 4 of the spacers (ordered 2 front and 2 rear), and was waiting for the other shipment from H&R for the missing 2 spacers. I will pull them from a different source (at a loss) and ship them out Monday for you.

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the response and your efforts. Yes, you told me that you received 2 out of the 4 spacers. On March 8, 2006 you also told me that you were expecting the other 2 later that week. The following week, I e-mailed you and sent you a private message asking for an update, but you ignored me. I was concerned that you were going to continue to ignore me and not send me the spacers.

Eric

Hey guys I haven't even bought anything "yet" from Tom, and he has been great at replying to my e-mails and pm's. He has gone out of his way to provide me photos and info for all parts I have been interested in. I plan on doing business with him..Just my 3cents.........:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Brent

I have ordered my rims through Tom before. He gave the best price than the local shop. I was hesitant to go with Tom at first after reading about the "lack of customer service" since i was spending thousands on the internet. I was about to buy it locally, but I might as well support the NSX community instead. The amount of time in receiving the rims would have been the same anyway. Before the ordering, Tom told me it would take 3 months to order the rim from his distributor; and I waited 3 long months for it. I would send Tom emails 1 month ahead of schedule to see any issues with the order process. Since I knew this wasn't his primary job, I expected delays in response just for status check.

Keep in mind that Tom is a one man supplier. He doesn't have 5 people working for him, answering emails and phone calls from 9am - 5pm. And that's why he's able to provide such discount. With the extra savings, I was able to buy more fun gadget for the car.

Do your homework first before ordering! If you want VIP customer service, then you should find a place that provide such service. No complaints from me since I didn't expect him to respond back to me within days or weeks.

Psychobiology, I can understand your fustration. I'm pretty sure you'll get your item from Tom.

Last edited:
atleast Tom is responding to this thread, unlike some other vendors..

For the record this problem is with H&R... I bought my 25mm from sos and when one of the studs broke I had to wait forever to get them in..... still to this day I can not just buy them. H&R shipps thoose little guys via container on a boat and they really dont care if you have any comments. NSX has a custom bore and they are very limited no matter where you go.

I also bought longer steel studs and recomend them to anyone who has the spacers... they are extra long studs that go through the spacer avoiding the dual stud and the terrible metal H&R uses for them....

As a previous customer of Tom's I feel I can add to this thread's usefulness... or not.

I ordered wheels from him and by several hundred dollars, they were the least expensive price I found. While PMing and e-mailing back and forth with him pre-purchase to discuss offsets, BBK clearances and rubbing issues, his replies were what one might expect from a first-rate Internet retailer. Sent him money and placed the order a couple of weeks later.

I was not in a huge hurry, and would even forget I *had* wheels on order for days at a time. But when I *would* remember, and PM or e-mail with questions about status, I wouldn't get a reply until more than two or three attempts. But when I got replies, they said everything is is okay and things are moving their usual (slow) ways.

This happened every 3 or 4 weeks for about 6 months. I finally started asking about what the process is for getting a refund. I ordered in March and got the wheels in September, I think.

When the wheels arrived, they were sized *perfectly* with lots of room for a BBK, no rubbing (even with my Teins down to the ground and 18x8's in front with 225's).

The short story is: the guy is not a crook... they guy is knowledgeable about wheel sizing for our cars... the guy has the best prices I could find for what I wanted when I was shopping for them... but the guy appears to lose interest in customer service after he has your money.

That's my story. I'm james and I approve of this message

J

02#154 said:
the guy appears to lose interest in customer service after he has your money.

I have better informed people from the start on how long it takes to order up certain branded high end wheels (volk in James case) The order is taken, Macking gets money, and we retailers hear NOTHING NADA ZILCH until they arrive @ Mackin, meaning that I have no new info to give to customers. There are also times that I am traveling, and get a few days behind in answering emails. I have gotten much better on staying on top of them. Now I wish my suppliers would speed up their processes. It seems as though NSX parts are soooooooooooo slow to get. And yes us retailers take the brunt of the anger. I used to lose a lot of sleep over threads like this, but I sleep better knowing that I am saving the 99% of my customers the most money, and getting the part right the first time. The 1% that bash me, can pay full price. :biggrin:

Tom is a great guy and I can't thank him enough for the lug nuts and valve stems. You cannot beat his prices and I will definitely buy from him again. Popular items like rays stuff just takes time to get.

I agree with Tom on this one. I too had delivery problems. Vendors telling me they have the product on hand and I forward the message to the buyer and days, and weeks gone by.... nothing ;[ It's better to tell as is instead of suger coating it on what is wanted to be heard.

Instead of holding on to the money-- I sent it back. My thoughts :wink:

Back