At Last!! It's Really Mine!!

nsxbuilder said:
Today I was out shopping and while walking in towards the store from the parking lot an elderly (75+) lady came out of the store and stopped - just looking at my NSX. As I approached her, she said "What a beautifal car. I just sold mine." Well I just had to know more.

She told me she had purchased an NSX as her retirement present in 1991, but that her joints were past the point of being able to get in and out of it, so she sold it to a student at Moorehead University just last weekend.

You could tell from her voice she really missed the car and had the realization of being mortal - not able to do the things she once could. But the twinkle in her eye showed me she knew something more important - she had owned and enjoyed one!

I've been living this lesson for years. Have your fun NOW while you still can. Buy the NSX, travel the world, skydive, rock climb, hunt, race, fly, love and live! Our time here is so short, to deny yourself today for a future that may never come or one that finds you unable to do the things you want is nothing short of a crime.

All of you with NSXs know what I'm talking about. If you don't own one - go get a loan, sell the house, hell just lease or rent one - learn what it is to LIVE!

-ed
www.nsxbuilder.com

The above post by nsxbuilder is one of the first posts I read when I started browsing this forum. It really stuck with me and inspired me to wait no longer. After what seemed like an eternity in searching, my search ended today; I got the NSX!!

The car is the Zanardi #11. It passed inspection at Acura of South Bay with flying colors and that was good enough for me. The price was very fair, to say the least, and the seller was a class act throughout the entire process. Thank you Aaron!

Like many other new NSX owners, I can't find words to describe the feeling of finally driving one all alone--just driving. No radio necessary tonight, just the sweet resonance of that V6 behind my head, etc. etc. All the sensations I read about are true, but the car still blew me away and will continue to do so I'm sure.

The wait was really worth it (like you haven't heard that one before) and waiting, worrying, and dreaming does indeed make the end result that much sweeter.

I want to thank those who have given me invaluable information and advise. I hope to return the favor or at least pass along the knowledge to future NSX enthusiasts.

I don't want to gloat too much, but today I feel truly lucky to have such an awesome toy. And there'll be many quality playtimes to come later...YEEPEE!!!

Paul

NSXmadness said:
The above post by nsxbuilder is one of the first posts I read when I started browsing this forum. It really stuck with me and inspired me to wait no longer. After what seemed like an eternity in searching, my search ended today; I got the NSX!!

The car is the Zanardi #11. It passed inspection at Acura of South Bay with flying colors and that was good enough for me. The price was very fair, to say the least, and the seller was a class act throughout the entire process. Thank you Aaron!

Like many other new NSX owners, I can't find words to describe the feeling of finally driving one all alone--just driving. No radio necessary tonight, just the sweet resonance of that V6 behind my head, etc. etc. All the sensations I read about are true, but the car still blew me away and will continue to do so I'm sure.

The wait was really worth it (like you haven't heard that one before) and waiting, worrying, and dreaming does indeed make the end result that much sweeter.

I want to thank those who have given me invaluable information and advise. I hope to return the favor or at least pass along the knowledge to future NSX enthusiasts.

I don't want to gloat too much, but today I feel truly lucky to have such an awesome toy. And there'll be many quality playtimes to come later...YEEPEE!!!

Paul

Congrats!!! I don't think you can go wrong buying a used Zanardi, I am sure you will have fantastic times ahead!

The Zanardi is an awesome car. Heck, better than mine when it was in stock form by some points.

I am not a fan of red. Unless its black with a wee bit of red. Blade's standard you know:D

However, I totally love the Zanardi NSX. I think its the next best thing to getting a Type-S NSX from Japan. If only it came in black :(

Nonetheless, that is an incredible car. I can only imagine how much fun you have; though, I will try real hard when I drive my NSX;)

Congrats and enjoy.

LUCKY bastard!! :D Even if someone inspired me to go out and buy a NSX, I couldn't afford a Zanardi!!!! Someone inspire some money into my account!!! ;) :D

congrats~!! i bought my nsx not to recently ago and drove her home with that sweet music playing behind my ears. haha and just like u i waited for what seemed like eternity to get my nsx

-paul

Paul,

Congratulation!!

Are you ready to come out and play? There are a lot of activities going on in the next few months in the LA area. I would like to invite you to our next meeting, which is going to be on next Thursday (11-13-03). “Ca AGNSX” will post and confirm our next club meeting location and time (usually at around 6:30 pm) on “Southwest US Region” forum. Most likely it is go to be at the Red Robin located at 12697 Beach Blvd. just north of the 22 Garden Grove freeway on Beach Blvd. in Stanton, which is right next to Super Autobacs.

Hope to see you next week.

Congrats on the new car! I'm not too far ahead of you as far as ownership, and I second the sensation of driving it that first time, turning off the radio, taking the long way home....what a rush! And, as an added bonus, we get to participate in this forum, where everyone is helpful and shares the joy!

Enjoy the ride!

Thank you--all of you!

Taj--Thanks for the invite. I'll do my best to make it to Red Robin (unless a hottie asks me "What kind of car is that?" that day). I had no idea of people opening their arms to me because of this car. No idea...

I've been driving it all day yesterday, even forgetting to eat all day, and it's fantastic. I did manage to get a headache driving on the 5 Freeway from all the bouncing, however, but that is a small price to pay. My friends are relieved that I finally got it; I think they got tired of listening to me talking about NSX for the last two years, LOL!

Something else I haven't felt in a while: My other car, 96 Prelude VTEC, is a damn nice car! I guess since I have a choice now, it feels even nicer. Funny how a NSX makes me appreciate more a car that's 1/5th the price. No idea...

NSX FoYoAss--Lucky bastard is correct! Like Lud wrote once, a Zanardi doesn't command more money than a comparable coupe, unless it's mint like #20 (R.I.P), so if you're looking for a Z, it's just a matter of finding a clean one for a fair price. Lucky bastard, indeed...

Paul

Last edited:
Back