ASCC "broken" leaving DET Auto Show?!

Has anyone else been to the Chicago Auto and looked for the ASCC? I went yesterday but I didn't see it anywhere. I asked an Acura rep where it was and he told me that it was damaged leaving the Detroit show due to the cold weather and the clay structure! :eek: I didn't know if he was kidding or not so, while chatting a bit I made him aware that I was an NSX owner - but he didn't recant the story! Has anyone heard anything about this?

He also said that the value of NSXs has gone up 15% :biggrin:

Has anyone else been to the Chicago Auto and looked for the ASCC? I went yesterday but I didn't see it anywhere. I asked an Acura rep where it was and he told me that it was damaged leaving the Detroit show due to the cold weather and the clay structure! :eek: I didn't know if he was kidding or not so, while chatting a bit I made him aware that I was an NSX owner - but he didn't recant the story! Has anyone heard anything about this?

He also said that the value of NSXs has gone up 15% :biggrin:

I hope you stated your displeasure (as well as prime's) with the ASCC .. unless you like that abomination. :tongue:

If this story is true and it 'broke' from being in the cold...that is sad. :frown:

I hope you stated your displeasure (as well as prime's) with the ASCC .. unless you like that abomination. :tongue:

Darn straight I expressed displeasure. I'm sure it'll be a fantastic car, but it does not deserve the title of NSX Successor. The NSX was so damn ahead of it's time and to this day does not look like it was designed 17 years ago. Topping that I'm sure is difficult, but I thing they were there with the HSC. I'm just glad to own a piece of fine automotive history - regardless of what comes next.

Honda/Acura has big shoes to fill with the Next NSX, I hope its not this Front Engine V-10 I have been reading about.

I was randomly picking HD content to record with my DVR, and came across a re-broadcast of the Tokyo Auto Show from 2003. Sure enough, when I played it back one of the first things they covered was the HSC! I gotta say, that was a beautiful automobile and of course an honest successor to the NSX. Too bad Honda didn't continue down that path, though they still would have needed to address the power - the spokesperson claimed only 300HP.

Back