• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

ARK vs OTHERS EXHUAST

HEY GUYS I WAS WONDER :biggrin: DAMN THAT ARK HAS A GOOD DEAL GOING BUT HOW GOOD IS ARK VS ALL THE OTHERS LIKE COMPTECH AND ARC! IM LOOKING TO SAVE MONEY BUT COME ON ITS A NSX U DONT WANNA PUT NOTHING BUT THE BEST RIGHT? SO HELP ME OUT GUYS ! :eek:

I think the ARK is louder then the Comptech (not saying that's a good or bad thing, since we all have opinions on that), but the quality seems to be well-liked. I would say the only less expensive alternative than the ARK is the Dali system ($599 for 91-96 and $699 for 97-99, but comes with the adaptors you have to buy if you want to use the ARK on the 97+), but I have not seen/heard it.

I got my ARK a couple of months ago and it sounds sweet! It's pretty loud - but I like it that way. In a tunnel situation it is music to my ears! :eek:

I have not yet heard the ARK in person, but I did get a chance to hear the Dali. It does drone in the cabin at lower RPM, but not as bad as the Taitec GT Lightweight.

I personally think you should go with Gruppe M if you want the best quality and sounding exhuast.....the taitec lightweight gt is my second choice if you are on a budget...........both are great choices.........nothing will match gruppe m's quality and sound but it does cost some bucks.........I have the gruppe m ver 1 and I love how it looks and sounds.....good luck....... :smile:

Hey Guys, I recently installed a Dali Racing Wishuponastar exhaust on my 97 and it was exactly what I was looking for :smile: . It has good tone but the key thing is that it has absolutely NO DRONE :smile: at any rpm. I can listen to my Alpine stereo when I want or I can wind 'er up and listen the the VTEC music. It all depends on what you want, I looked at several different exhausts and this one fit my bill. Good luck in your selection.

Yellow Zonker said:
Hey Guys, I recently installed a Dali Racing Wishuponastar exhaust on my 97 and it was exactly what I was looking for :smile: . It has good tone but the key thing is that it has absolutely NO DRONE :smile: at any rpm. I can listen to my Alpine stereo when I want or I can wind 'er up and listen the the VTEC music. It all depends on what you want, I looked at several different exhausts and this one fit my bill. Good luck in your selection.

Can you post some pics of it installed on your car? I was curious what it looked like...

I currently don't have any pictures of it installed yet. When I do, I"ll try and figure out how to put them on this page :redface: . I'm somewhat computer challanged :frown:
Let me at least give a description, the exhaust is stainless steel with two round 4 inch tips and like I said it's louder than stock but not so loud you can't hear the stereo. Let me work on the photos.

97 Spa Yellow Pearl
Dali sway bars
Dali Exhaust
Tein Coilovers
17 & 19 Racing Hart wheels

Oddly enough everyone talks about the sound of the exhuast, but what about performance? Is there a signifigant difference between them? How about weights?

splitz said:
Oddly enough everyone talks about the sound of the exhuast, but what about performance? Is there a signifigant difference between them? How about weights?

look up gruppe m and taitec they both save a lot of weight depending on which one you get.....the titanium one is the lightest one at 9lbs from gruppe m and it does gain performance........gruppe m is top notch quality.......second is taitec gt lightweight....for the money you can't go wrong with that one either.

Here is the link for the titanium one if your budget allows you.
http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1718

Here is the one for taitec gt lightweight

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/TAITEC/GT_Lightweight_Exhaust/

I just listened to 2 cars with ARK today and both were too loud for my taste. also both drivers complained about "Drone"...Just what I learned today ..please no flames from ARK lovers :smile:

I have the Ark a love it. I love the sound...It is a great deal for 600 or whatever the price is now.The only thing I don't like about the Ark is their priceing tatics.It seems the price changes every week.I think at one time they were sell it for 450 or 500.It does have some performance gains.Just search for the Ark exhaust and there is a dyno chart.Plus it weighs alot less then stock..

I would agree with everyone who mentioned Gruppe M or Taitec. Very unique and exotic sounding exhaust notes, and the craftsmanship of the Gruppe M is just beautiful. Gruppe M is to NSX as Capristo is to Ferrari. The ark exhaust is very affordable, but in my opinion the exhaust note is very typical and it doesn't have a unique exhaust note to it. But again, each to his own. I suggest you listen to each exhaust IN PERSON, and make your decision from there.

I had a flowmaster custom exhaust it sounded like a muscle car. When I ran it in the long tunnels here in Pittsburgh. It also had a little droning in the cabin at 3000 rpm. Now I have an Anytime exhaust no droning at all and in the tunnels when I get on it, it has a motorcyle/f1 sound. It took a little getting use to now I love it! :biggrin:Both were under a grand the flowmaster about 500 the Anytime about 600 used. I definitely think the Anytime is worth more (even used) build quality, sound, etc.

Last edited:
I put on my ARK system on my 95-T about 6 weeks ago, now the car sounds like a sports car. This is my daily driver to and from work (over a 100 miles a day) and I think the sound is great. The build quality looks to be top notch, excellant welds and nice shinie stainless. It weight is a little less then stock. Performance is very nice also. I also installed the downforce scoop and the uni foam filter a week later, together they sound GREAT.

95 CRUZER said:
I put on my ARK system on my 95-T about 6 weeks ago, now the car sounds like a sports car. This is my daily driver to and from work (over a 100 miles a day) and I think the sound is great. The build quality looks to be top notch, excellant welds and nice shinie stainless. It weight is a little less then stock. Performance is very nice also. I also installed the downforce scoop and the uni foam filter a week later, together they sound GREAT.

I totally agree. I also have a 95-T and installed it about 6 weeks ago. Already had the Downforce AIS and Unifiter. It took all of 1 hour start to finish and it fit like a glove. As I posted in another thread I have never seen better quality of workmanship, finish and fit on any exhaust I've ever done and that count is in the hundreds. Super exhaust at a super price (when I bought it) and an outstanding sound to my ears! My drive to work is only 6 miles so I find myself making any excuse to go to a meeting in another plant, out to lunch etc.

keldon1983 said:
HEY GUYS I WAS WONDER :biggrin: DAMN THAT ARK HAS A GOOD DEAL GOING BUT HOW GOOD IS ARK VS ALL THE OTHERS LIKE COMPTECH AND ARC! IM LOOKING TO SAVE MONEY BUT COME ON ITS A NSX U DONT WANNA PUT NOTHING BUT THE BEST RIGHT? SO HELP ME OUT GUYS ! :eek:

Your screen name is Keldon1983, and for some reason im thinking that the 1983 in your screen name is your birth year. Is it ?

randomharmony said:
may i ask why does ARK sound so close to ARC? are they the same company? :confused:

More than likely the founders or ARK wanted to ride the coattails of ARC and all of ARC's advertising, longstanding reputation, etc and they named their company with a similar name to ARC.

Modernceo said:
More than likely the founders or ARK wanted to ride the coattails of ARC and all of ARC's advertising, longstanding reputation, etc and they named their company with a similar name to ARC.

hahha... Our ARK company existing more than 15years. We're not taking another brand name as our advertising, and we do pay our own brand name adversment. You're saying samething like a UPS or USPS. lolz :biggrin:

ARK SEMA 2005 Booth

Picture047.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Picture070.jpg

ARK Sponsor Hyundai Motor
ARKVDKIT.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Picture071.jpg