Are there any race competitions available for a stock nsx?

The only one i am very familiar with are Hillclimbs.
I was a hillclimber at a National level for a few years, though you will unfortunately not be very competitive with the NSX due to how they define the groups.
I am about to get my track car log booked again, though i imagine i will go up a group from the group you would be in (Sports cars over 3.0L). Your main competitor would be a 600HP RX-7 FD, and a very skilled driver behind the wheel.
The sport is not for everyone, very little track time but done at 100.00%. If your keen to go to one let me know and i will come along with the MR2.

Thanks eckers,
I would be keen to check it out, let me know when ones on.
Ahh rotories, you got to love em.
I used to have a rx7.
A friend of mine has a full race car rx7 turbo triple rotor that produces over 650 hp. this car was on the cover of fast fours and rotories many years ago.
That would give that guys rx7 a run for its money.

Actually the NSX would come under Marque Sports Cars. I don't know if you have many runners in Victoria, but here in WA the Marque Sports Cars run with Sports Cars and Sports Sedans.

Regardless of which category a stock NSX will not be very competitive as a race car without substantial modification. But that is part of the fun.

Time Attack, or Sprint Racing as it is called under CAMS jurisdiction is a good entry into motorsport, but will not offer you true door to door racing.

IPRA only run classes for Group 3 [which is sedans] - except for the Group 2 RX7 [thanks to an A. Moffat]. The NSX is a Group 2 vehicle.

You could always run an EK or EG Civic with a K20 like I do -lots of fun, and as long as you don't go chasing the pointy end of the field too quickly relatively cheap form of racing. :biggrin:

The big question is why would you want to go door banging in a NSX?
It will only frustrate you when a $10K banger side swipes you and you are left with the repair bill. Much easier to get a common car with cheap replacement parts that are easily sourced. Also takes away the stress level on the track. I used to drive to races in the car i tracked. The whole world changed when i had a track dedicated car, with my balls growing in size knowing i didn't need to drive it home!
All states do not line up with classes (at least 2 years ago), though i do know they were trying to get all in line. Racing interstate in the Hillclimbs was always a nightmare, classes changing.
Don't think that the CAMS rules are fixed, at a state level they can and have made several exceptions fro people to race in cars that don't fit a category.
My 2c.

Thats why i want a cheap import.
I couldnt race door to door in my nsx, thats only for sprints.
I realise the costs involved and i'm prepared for that.

I found out where i can race it.
I just spoke to my mechanic who competes in vic sports sedans and he said nsx's can run in the sports cars class(formerly mg class). In the interim i think i may get a cheap race car to get some experience and qualify to import a car.
Thanks for your help guys.

Back