Are the '05 NSX OEM Wheels made by BBS?

This reason I ask is that last week I looked at the valve stem caps on the wheels. They were stamped with BBS. I did a search but couldn't find anything conclusive, except something about Zanardi Edition NSX's having BBS wheels. And I know I don't have a Zanardi. :D

Re: Good question!

Ojas said:
I’m not sure, but according to the NSX-R press release, the wheels on the new NSX-R were jointly developed with BBS. Considering the design similiarities, it seems possible that the regular 2002+ wheels are by BBS.

thx... It makes sense that they could definitely be BBS wheels on the '05. IMO, the similarities are too close not to be. BTW, some kid stole one of my valve stem caps. It cost me about $12.50 to order the valve stem with cap. I guess he wanted to put the cap on his BMX bike. :D

If you look at the BBS web sight they state that they make quite a few OEM wheels for a lot of the auto manufactures. My 2002 does have the BBS caps and I do believe they are made by BBS from what I have read.
I have seen these caps on some of the older NSX's too.

My 2004 wheels are stamped "BBS" on the wheel. I notice it when I'm detailing the car all the time. I have the caps as well. I don't think it's just the 2005s!!

the 02, 03, 04 & 05 OEM wheels are BBS.

I found out when I noticed 2 missing caps on my 03, after having the car for a week. Someone 'borrowed' them in the showroom.

I called BBS and they sent four caps :biggrin:

03 raw nsx said:
the 02, 03, 04 & 05 OEM wheels are BBS.

I found out when I noticed 2 missing caps on my 03, after having the car for a week. Someone 'borrowed' them in the showroom.

I called BBS and they sent four caps :biggrin:

Must have been the same kids with their BMX's. :D

BTW, thanks for the suggestion, I just order 4 caps myself from BBS. :smile:

deterrant! grrr...

cls6sp03: BTW, some kid stole one of my valve stem caps... I guess he wanted to put the cap on his BMX bike. :D

03 raw nsx: I found out when I noticed 2 missing caps on my 03... Someone 'borrowed' them in the showroom.

hmmm... Such a shame! :frown: In this era of political correctness, I'll keep my true comments to myself in how I'd address the theft of my personal property... :biggrin:

Anyways, maybe we can get JohhnMcainRacing to make up some stickers for all of us along the lines of this... :cool:

Attachments

• banksy_TURF1CCTV.jpg
    banksy_TURF1CCTV.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 294
i was wondering about the same thing. when i got my 04 i noticed the valve caps and was stamped BBS.
i did'nt think much of it and tought that maybe the valve stems are by BBS or someone in the showroom felt like putting on some BBS caps on my wheels.
well anyway, it's good to know that my wheels are made by BBS.
he he he :biggrin:

Back