Are people paying these prices?

A nationwide search of Autotrader shows a whole bunch of 40k, 50k, 60k mile 91-94 cars listed in the upper 30's to low 40's. Are people paying this much? Have prices taken a jump? I was thinking low $30's was market, but most cars in this price range seem to be high mileage.

Most people will post it for sale a few thousand above where they actually want to sell it, understanding that they will be negotiating down. Also the ones on AT are the ones that haven't sold yet. The ones that are priced well are sold quickly. So all of those factors may be at work to varying degrees in what you are seeing.

Here's a good example from Cars.com. Is this really a $40k car? I would think the holes drilled in the front bumper for the license plate would take it down to at least $35k.:smile:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...993-1992-1991_|X-popular|Z-53202&aff=national

That looks like a factory license plate bracket. If so, the holes are on the underside of the front bumper (you can't see them unless you're on the ground and looking up). I believe all NSXs come this way (at least mine is like that).

I think really low mileage cars go for around $37-40k. Everything else works
it's way down from there. Some of the cars you see for sale sit for years!!

IMO, a clean, no accidents, no paintwork, no stories 91-94 NSX with no deferred maintenance can still get mid to high $30,000's.

Of course, the market really is what you will pay but I think that many of the so called "A" cars that are trading for less than that aren't really "A" cars.

IMO, a clean, no accidents, no paintwork, no stories 91-94 NSX with no deferred maintenance can still get mid to high $30,000's.

Of course, the market really is what you will pay but I think that many of the so called "A" cars that are trading for less than that aren't really "A" cars.

This was true in the late 90s..... wow, not much has changed!
Buy an NSX! It's an "investment" (as long as you don't wreck it, mod it, or drive it too much... )

Buy an NSX! It's an "investment" (as long as you don't wreck it, mod it, or drive it too much... )

hahaha.... the last part about don't drive it too much is blasphemy... =)

I wouldn't let mine go for any less than $38k at this point... but I have no plans to sell for a long long time.

With that said, I didn't buy it for an investment...

I've just bought a 1991 NSX in Black and paid "close" to 30K for it with low/avg miles and I believe this is a great price for both me and the seller.

It's rare to find a truly babied, tastefully modded, no accident NSX at the moment so if you find one as such then don't hesitate to purchase it. I'm not saying just go and get one but you can negotiate some discount depending on what shape its in etc.

I'm truly lucky with my purchase and I hope you find one too!

Jetpilot

:biggrin: My first NSX I had(91 blk/blk), I modded it(rims, lowered), never wrecked it, but drove the sh!t out of it (18K miles) and sold it for $2500 more then I paid for it two years prior:cool: :smile:

NSX= can't go wrong!!!

not too many other cars can do that...besides being one of the funnest cars to own...

My opinion of the NSX mileage is such that if the car has between 0 - 40,000miles its considered "low mileage".

If the car has between 40 - 75,000 miles then I consider it pretty much average. Higher than that and I would stay away from the car unless it was "TRULY BABIED" by one owner. One of my criteria for purchasing my NSX was less than 70,000 miles...no specific reason just that I wanted to get a lower mileaged 1991 car.

Cars that I've seen for sale with between 75 and 100,000+ miles are almost always 2 or 3 driver cars with the rare exception being one owner.

Just my 0.02

Jetpilot

I guess I did very well then. I boughtmy 91 last week from a member here with all service complete w/records and late model wheels for only $27000.:smile:

With 51000 miles of course.

My opinion of the NSX mileage is such that if the car has between 0 - 40,000miles its considered "low mileage".

If the car has between 40 - 75,000 miles then I consider it pretty much average. Higher than that and I would stay away from the car unless it was "TRULY BABIED" by one owner. One of my criteria for purchasing my NSX was less than 70,000 miles...no specific reason just that I wanted to get a lower mileaged 1991 car.

Cars that I've seen for sale with between 75 and 100,000+ miles are almost always 2 or 3 driver cars with the rare exception being one owner.

Just my 0.02

Jetpilot

I agree with you. The current prices are inflated for high milers as summer approaches. In fall/winter prices fall back down.

We just purchased ours in Canada, 54000 miles for roughly 39000 US$. New clutch assembly and all maintenance records(we will be the third owner) RS*R exhaust, updated 17/18 wheels, lowered and pristine interior condition. The exterior looks great but it IS 15 years old (1993 for us math guys:biggrin: ) We get it Thursday and I am SO stoked!

I am seeing that the pricing in these cars are going up. Bluebook is out of date and cannot no longer correctly give a decent pricing for these anymore. All I know, if your paying below $30k, something is wrong with the and if you are saying that you can find one for $20k, I have hope you have a big enough bank account to make up for all the repairs and fixes you need to do to get the car back to normal condition. As there cars become more and more rare and off the market...prices will go up. So my suggestion, grab an nsx now when you still can.

Octechgeek,

I disagree with your comment regarding paying less than $30K for an NSX. Both myself and DavidF (prime members) picked up our NSX's that are well cared for for less than $30k.

Clearly you need to look harder or be patient for one such as ours. I do agree with you though that finding great condition NSX's in the older years will be hard to do in the next few years - won't be as common.

Cheers,
Jetpilot

As time goes on there will be fewer "no story" full history cars.
And I believe coupe prices are higher today than 2 yrs ago.
IMO 91's might be a bit lower simply based on numbers built.
(What I mean is there are simply more cars, so there will be a larger number in
all cond. categories)

I just sold mine for about 23,000

Inspection came up with only 2 front leaking CV boots est $800 to fix.

Someone else mentioned a miss after the inspection but could not hear it.

Car has 98,000 miles on it

It was FS@88k miles and on market for 6 months.

Autotrader clearly has poeple with there heads in there asses. 91's are worth low to high 20's because thats how much they all sell for and the car is only worth how much it sells for.

If you want an investment buy a house. NSX's will be around long enough until most of you forum members retire.

Back