Anything going on in Austin this weekend

Just wodering if there's anything to do in Austin this weekend. I'm thinking about going over there for a cup of frozen coffee from The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Anybody want to meet up, go for a drive or anything?

Just wodering if there's anything to do in Austin this weekend. I'm thinking about going over there for a cup of frozen coffee from The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Anybody want to meet up, go for a drive or anything?

Hey let me know if you hear anything for this weekend. I am coming from Louisiana to Fort Hood to visit and was bring out the NSX.

post-A.C.L.

Just wo[n]dering if there's anything to do in Austin this weekend. I'm thinking about going over there for a cup of frozen coffee from The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Anybody want to meet up, go for a drive or anything?
Hey let me know if you hear anything for this weekend. I am coming from Louisiana to Fort Hood to visit and was bring out the NSX.
List your respective time-frames that y'all will be in Austin, and what area (ie. north, 'towne, south, etc'). Pretty much all of the NSX'ers here are fairly spontaneous & down for some eatz/drinkz. . .

A few of us NSX owners/enthusiasts will be at the TXRD Championship, Saturday evening (October 10th, '09). Following the match, there is generally a lively after-party in downtown.

Re: post-A.C.L.

List your respective time-frames that y'all will be in Austin, and what area (ie. north, 'towne, south, etc'). Pretty much all of the NSX'ers here are fairly spontaneous & down for some eatz/drinkz. . .

A few of us NSX owners/enthusiasts will be at the TXRD Championship, Saturday evening (October 10th, '09). Following the match, there is generally a lively after-party in downtown.

Are tickets still available for the TXRD. Is the parking NSX friendly? Thinking maybe lunch/dinner then hanging around Austin and checking out TXRD if possible. Really don't have any commitments for Saturday. Just wanted to check out Austin since I've never been there at the age to enjoy much.

lots to do...

Are tickets still available for the TXRD.
Yeps.
Is the parking NSX friendly?
Yeps.

Street parking in the general area is ample, e-metered, but free on weekends and/or after 5pm on weekdays. Though, when events are taking place, certain streets have the spots coned'off or red-taped to facilitate traffic (or valet-services for surrounding establishments). There are numerous flat-rate lots/garages as well in the area, relatively inexpensive considering it's downtown. Obviously use some awareness/insight where you park, but myself & other NSX'ers have never had issue parking in downtown in terms of NSX safety.

Cool. Thanks

Do y'all mind if my friend and I tag along. Are any of y'all taking your NSXs'. Does anybody want to grab a bite before?

Sat' day/evening...

In the evening is TXRD Championship match (~6pm+); but during the day, this may be of interest to many:

Non-club car event 10/10/09

From 11am to 1pm this Saturday we will have some cars on display at the Domain shopping center. We should have some Ferrari, Lamborghini, Viper, Corvette, Porsche, etc.

If you want to display a car please let me know so I can try to reserve a space for you.

This is open to anyone who wants to come by to view some cool cars.
The area I marked in red on the map is where we will be.

The Domain

Last edited:
I will try to leave about 5-6am so i can be there in time to clean up ride before the get togeher at Domain

I don't know if anyone else is going to the Domain, I believe it was just a suggestion while I was in Austin. If you want I can meet up with you there though. Pm'ed you my info.

seeya' there/then!

I/myself & a few other Austin-area NSX'ers & friends will be @ "The Domain", around ~11am'ish; though, not partaking in the display/show aspect.

There are no definitive plans for the afternoon (weather plays a big roll). However, some eatz & catching up on some games/scores may be of interest to some (:D). . .

At ~6pm, there is the TXRD match (for those interested) that some of us will be attending. . .

Last edited:
crappy cell phone pic:

DSC00061.JPG

Last edited:
a good day...

It was nice to meet mpkr91 & G-SPEED NSX. A handful of NSX'es, as well as other current NSX-owners / former NSX-owners / NSX enthusiasts, etc' all stopped by.

Here are some pics from the "non-club" gathering/meet @ The Domain...

(these are not my own/personal images, all credit to the original photographers/uploaders)

Last edited:
Back