Anyone work for Autotrader.com??

I may have an opportunity to work for Autotrader in the Southeast Area and the job sounds pretty good. The money is far better than I am making now and I would get to work with car dealers which is a plus to me.

Anyone have any experiences to share?

Thanks guys.

Are you going to do telemarketing?? I worked for Autotrader about eleven years ago, for a short time while I was in college. Thought the job was going to be great(cake job) and the pay was good, but the job was lame:

Sit in a room with 20 other people, at a desk, with Sunday's newspaper.
Now go through the Autos for sale ads one by one calling.
Ask if they still have their vehicle for sale and when they get excited b/c they think you are interested, throw a sales pitch for putting their ad in the Autotrader.
Seven out of ten hang up, one curses you out and if your lucking the other two bite.
Do this for 4-5 hrs every day. IT GETS OLD QUICK!!

SNDSOUL it happened to me when selling my old beater... I got excited but the woman told me that I had the possibility (WOW!) to list my car on their site (WOW! :eel: :rolleyes:)

I told her to not call me anymore and put me in the list of the one that will NEVER want to speak to them again (there is a law here to prevent you to be contacted). Never again. :mad:

NetViper,

if it is not Telemarketing but some other job at Autotrader I would accept, afterall working with cars is not bad... and if it is better paid than what you do it seems a nice upgrade. Good Luck!

No, the position is in outside sales doing basically what I used to do with Cars.com only instead for autotrader.com. The base salary is more than I am making here now with commission! :eek:

Back