Anyone with Racing Brakes (RB kit) be nice enough to let test fit my front wheel?

RYU

Legendary Member
Tech Expert
I'm in LA/OC area and i'm looking into upgrading to as big of a brake set as I can but i'm limited on due to the design of my wheels. My front wheels barely clear the NA1 calipers and according to my research, they will barely clear NA2s as well (i'll be confirming NA2 fitment with the help of a Tooltime and Jerry here in SGV. Thanks guys!). Due to the curvature of the wheel spokes there may be a small chance they will clear the RB kit. I'm crossing my fingers.

Could anyone with a RB Big Brake kit, using the OEM caliper, help a guy out? I'll do all the work and be extra extra careful when i'm testing for fitment.

Thanks

Last edited:
If you're wondering if it will clear your Roja's, yes it will. I have the RB. Let me know if I can help.

IMG_02191.JPG

Last edited:
My car has StopTech's and will be at Ramon's shop the next few days, hope that helps.
I'm in LA/OC area and i'm looking into upgrading to as big of a brake set as I can but i'm limited on due to the design of my wheels. My front wheels barely clear the NA1 calipers and according to my research, they will barely clear NA2s as well (i'll be confirming NA2 fitment with the help of a Tooltime and Jerry here in SGV. Thanks guys!). Due to the curvature of the wheel spokes there may be a small chance they will clear the RB kit. I'm crossing my fingers.

Could anyone with a RB Big Brake kit, using the OEM caliper, help a guy out? I'll do all the work and be extra extra careful when i'm testing for fitment.

Thanks

You guys are awesome!

AdvansCPAP - You're probably running the NA2 calipers. my guess is if the NA2/RB kit works the NA1/RB kit should also work? Not knowing enough about the nuances between NA1 vs. NA2, I can't be sure. Are you also running a 3mm spacer? oh, and nice wheels!!!

Last edited:
You guys are awesome!

AdvansCPAP - You're probably running the NA2 calipers. my guess is if the NA2/RB kit works the NA1/RB kit should also work? Not knowing enough about the nuances between NA1 vs. NA2, I can't be sure. Are you also running a 3mm spacer? oh, and nice wheels!!!

There are two racing brake conversion kits for the nsx, a +1" kit, and a +2" kit; the +1" kit is essentially an NA1->NA2 conversion kit, the calipers are spaced farther out, because the rotor is 1" larger in diameter, and this helps with clearance on certain wheels, which have curved spoke faces.

The +2" kit goes even further, adding 2" to rotor diameter - in either case, the calipers are the same, on all years of nsx, the oem calipers are the same external dimensions, just different internal piston sizes.

Judging from the photos, those are Rota formula 7's, which are 18/19, the brakes appear to be the +2" diameter racing brake conversion.

At the time the pic was taken, the rims had the 3mm spacer. You need them just to run OEM brakes regardless. The calipers are the OEM 91, with the RB bracket's that looks like NA2s. The rotors are 330mm front and rear. Now I'm running the same brake set up, no spacers, on 02+ OEM rims.

Got them from SOS.

Racing Brake, big brake kit, 2-pc slotted only FRONT- NSX, 1991-2005

[bpp-334] $1,200.00

Racing Brake, big brake kit, 2-pc slotted only REAR - NSX, 1991-1996

[bpp-335] $1,085.00

Last edited:
... in either case, the calipers are the same, on all years of nsx, the oem calipers are the same external dimensions, just different internal piston sizes.

Thanks, that's was the missing piece in my knowledge base.

I took a very similar pic. Mine is first. The rotor looks ridiculously small and performs as if it was smaller :(
IMG_0134.jpg

Advan - here is yours. Can you confirm that it is the +2" version? It looks like it is.
IMG_02191.JPG

I appreciate your help and hopeful a bigger brake kit is in the future for me.

Last edited:
At the time the pic was taken, the rims had the 3mm spacer. You need them just to run OEM brakes regardless. The calipers are the OEM 91, with the RB bracket's that looks like NA2s. The rotors are 330mm front and rear. Now I'm running the same brake set up, no spacers, on 02+ OEM rims.

Got them from SOS.

Racing Brake, big brake kit, 2-pc slotted only FRONT- NSX, 1991-2005

[bpp-334] $1,200.00

Racing Brake, big brake kit, 2-pc slotted only REAR - NSX, 1991-1996

[bpp-335] $1,085.00
just saw this after i posted. thank you!

I have the RB 2 piece open slotted kit and I had to shave the calipers a little bit to clear the wheels. I am on 17,18s Advan's T'6s so hope that helps.

Back