Anyone with experience on financing a 20yr old, 100k mile car?

I'm sure some of you big dogs buy your toys outright, but for me, I have to manage my money correctly, as well as finance all of my toys (currently a MB CL500, 18 ft boat, and 1973 Ford Bronco, tho she is payed for). Financing has always been easy for me, I'm a home owner, financed more than half a dozen vehicles, always pay off my credit cards and have never missed a payment on anything. My credit beacon is over 800 and my credit card limits are always being raised. Still however, I feel that financing 20+ thousand on a 20 yr old car with 100k is going to be extremely difficult. Is there anything anyone can recommend?

Collectorcarlending.com. they are about to remove the year and domestic restrictions. With good credit they will finance any car any year any mileage.

Try your local credit union. I was able to finance a 1991 with a slight issue with the blue book value of the vehicle. KBB didn't have the car listed anymore as it was too old (I guess they only do 20 years), and my credit union only accepted the "average" price of the car on NADA. My car has only 32k miles and it is in mint condition so it should have fetched the higher price.

I just went to my bank. They looked at it as a "Classic car" and took the median NADA value into consideration when lending to me, so it wasn't an issue.

PenFed is usually pretty good with financing older cars such as the NSX. Lots of user experience with them available through searching. They may have a restriction on less than 100K miles though.

USAA has the best rates and will finance any year car, you can have the check next day I have used USAA on 3 NSX's now. I pay them off in a month or 2 so they like me.
PenFed is another one,

- - - Updated - - -

and any milage

Just got a $30000 blank check loan for any vehicle I choose at 1.99% from penfed.....now I just gotta find a white na1 for the right price!!!!!

When I bought mine I got my loan at ExxonMobil FCU. They had no issues with the age since it was an NSX.

Just got a $30000 blank check loan for any vehicle I choose at 1.99% from penfed.....now I just gotta find a white na1 for the right price!!!!!

whaaaaat?! how in the world did you score that? I too am now going thru penfed thanks to all yalls lovely advice, however i have to jump thru a few tricky hoops to get my deal set. lots of faxing and nonsense with my seller and his bank. i too scored the 1.99% which is amazing but dang i would love to cut thru the red tape and just have a check i can issue when i pick up the car

whaaaaat?! how in the world did you score that? I too am now going thru penfed thanks to all yalls lovely advice, however i have to jump thru a few tricky hoops to get my deal set. lots of faxing and nonsense with my seller and his bank. i too scored the 1.99% which is amazing but dang i would love to cut thru the red tape and just have a check i can issue when i pick up the car

I got an offer in the mail a few months ago for a "blank check" auto loan from them for $50,000 at 1.49%:eek: I should have hopped on that but I let it go, then I called them a few weeks ago to see if it was still available, it was but it went up to 1.99%, so I just applied for $30K and they sent me a check that I have 90 days to find a vehicle to use it on..now I just gotta find a white na1....fingers crossed....

Back