Anyone try the NSX-R front suspension pieces?

I see that the NSX-R has a front sway bar and chassis braces available for "retrofit" on non-R NSXs.

Anyone try them? Reviews?

where to buy them? SOS?

icefire said:
I have the NSX-R front braces. Worth every dime of it. They take out a lot of body roll. Highly recommended. :smile:

how much trouble was it to modify the radiator shroud, i understand you need to cut/bend it or something to make one of the braces fit

availability...

Sway:

- Honda NA2 NSX-R front stabilizer [sway] & bushing set
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...roducts/NSX/Honda/stabilizer_bars/default.asp

- Type-R: 2005 Front Swaybar & bushings
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1824

- Zanardi rear swaybar & bushings
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1976

Stabilize/reinforce:

- Honda JDM NSX-R Front & Top Chassis Reinforcement Bars
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...Honda/NSX-R_chassis_reinforcement/default.asp

- Front Frame Stabilizer Bar Set: Type-R OEM
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1033

- Rear Chassis Stabilizer Bar
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1721

Vancehu said:
where to buy them? SOS?

Both SOS and Dali carry the R braces. They come complete with installation instructions. The front brace does require removing the front bumper in order to correctly slot the front air duct for clearing the brace. While you have the bumper off, take some extra time and clean out all the junks that are wedged between the radiator cooling fins.

icefire said:
Both SOS and Dali carry the R braces. They come complete with installation instructions. The front brace does require removing the front bumper in order to correctly slot the front air duct for clearing the brace. While you have the bumper off, take some extra time and clean out all the junks that are wedged between the radiator cooling fins.

I installed both Type-R braces (front & bottom) strange, I didnt have to remove my bumper.

khappucino said:
how much trouble was it to modify the radiator shroud, i understand you need to cut/bend it or something to make one of the braces fit

read here

Re: availability...

I've heard talk before that you really don't need the rear stabalizer bar...what do you guys think?

Also, will the 2005 Type R bar fit a '91?

Seems fairly inexpensive...

I have a '92 and added the front R anti-sway bar and also the 2 R type stiffener bars sold by SOS. The all fit fine, and I didn't have to remove the front bumper to mount the stiffener bars. If you are asking about the rear anti-sway bar, most track guys leave it off or keep the nice loose OEM rear anti-sway bar. If you are asking about doing the R type stiffener bars and installing only the "front" one of those, that is not recommended. You would want to install both of them as together they form a reinforcing box-like structure in and with the front chassis.

The R type stiffener bars increased understeer a bit for me. But that had the effect of better balancing the twitchy "snap-spin" tendency that the heavy NSX rear end tends to have. I like it better. I have the NSX-R suspension also.

Jeff

Re: availability...

Osiris_x11 said:
Hi Osiris_x11,
I know this is off topic. But I was wondering why you use all these different fonts and colors in your text? I have seen it in other threads also. I find it a bit difficult to read.

phonts

Gerard van Santen said:
Hi Osiris_x11,
I know this is off topic. But I was wondering why you use all these different fonts and colors in your text? I have seen it in other threads also. I find it a bit difficult to read.

Interesting insight! I assume it's the size of the font that makes viewing the post(s) difficult. I have tried to use different font-sizes w/ various fonts, but either it's too small or too big. Also, what's size=2 for Font_A is actually size=3 for Font_B... :frown:

I choose to use different fonts, colors, and bold/italic/underline in my comments/posts as that's how I am accustomed to reading/writing/scanning things efficiently. Somethings are meant to be emphasized, be highlighted, or differentiated from other things. High-yield material & relevant information is easily found then.

The style of those alt.usenet.binary groups and bulletin-lists, etc' are beyond monotonous and boring to me. I lose interest and attention after a few paragraphs or briefs. Coming from a research background and career in medicine, black text on white background/paper gets very, very dull. Any escape from this unimpressive-style is looked upon w/ great anticipation by myself. And atleast for me, I find the colors/fonts/style to be effective in scanning a post for relevant buzz-words or content of interest. For facts, figures, and information, this protocol is ingrained in me; second-nature. For blogs, journals, essays/articles, and other similar things, I wouldn't do as such. I look at NSX Prime from an analytical perspective moreso than other forums (ie. entertainment: movies/music, travel, social-sites: MySpace/Friendster/Orkut, etc'...)

Nota Bene: WriTiNg LiKe DiS iSn'T wHaT I mEaN, eItHeR... :tongue:

Re: phonts

Osiris_x11 said:
Interesting insight! I assume it's the size of the font that makes viewing the post(s) difficult. I have tried to use different font-sizes w/ various fonts, but either it's too small or too big. Also, what's size=2 for Font_A is actually size=3 for Font_B... :frown:

I choose to use different fonts, colors, and bold/italic/underline in my comments/posts as that's how I am accustomed to reading/writing/scanning things efficiently. Somethings are meant to be emphasized, be highlighted, or differentiated from other things. High-yield material & relevant information is easily found then.

The style of those alt.usenet.binary groups and bulletin-lists, etc' are beyond monotonous and boring to me. I lose interest and attention after a few paragraphs or briefs. Coming from a research background and career in medicine, black text on white background/paper gets very, very dull. Any escape from this unimpressive-style is looked upon w/ great anticipation by myself. And atleast for me, I find the colors/fonts/style to be effective in scanning a post for relevant buzz-words or content of interest. For facts, figures, and information, this protocol is ingrained in me; second-nature. For blogs, journals, essays/articles, and other similar things, I wouldn't do as such. I look at NSX Prime from an analytical perspective moreso than other forums (ie. entertainment: movies/music, travel, social-sites: MySpace/Friendster/Orkut, etc'...)

Nota Bene: WriTiNg LiKe DiS iSn'T wHaT I mEaN, eItHeR... :tongue:
Wauw... You have given it a big thought. It looks like it is almost a way of live...

spartan2-3 said:
I installed both Type-R braces (front & bottom) strange, I didnt have to remove my bumper.
I thought that the Type R braces bolt right on and don't require any mod's or removing the bumper so long as you don't have any other suspension changes (springs or sway bars). Is that not correct?

Da Hapa said:
I thought that the Type R braces bolt right on and don't require any mod's or removing the bumper so long as you don't have any other suspension changes (springs or sway bars). Is that not correct?

That is correct, the only mod I had to do was modify the holes on the front brace. I did not remove the bumper for the installation.

spartan2-3 said:
That is correct, the only mod I had to do was modify the holes on the front brace. I did not remove the bumper for the installation.

Don't forget the trimming of the radiator shroud...

mine are going in next week...can't wait! :biggrin:

Back