Anyone tried 100w high beams in their 993?

Hi

My brother has a Porsche 993 Carrera 4. He mounted some HID's today but ofcourse we all know that when you are hooked by the HID mod bug you need more. :)

He would like something for the High beams too. So he wonders if anyone have tried 100w halogen in such a car? Orginal it is 50 or was it 55w high beams.

It is either that or try some Bi-xenon.

TIA

Regards

Also remeber that 55 watt bulbs use about 7.8ish amps (If memory serves, ICBW). So if you double that you are coming close to, or exceeding, what most car companies fuse lights with: 15amps. Also the relays that cars tend to use for lights are, I think, rated for 20 amp. If both lamps go through the one relay you are pushing almost 30 amps through that relay.

Just a precaution.

Jeff

nsxexotic said:
100 watt will burn ur wire harness.
nsxexotic is right. Most wire harnesses are made our of 16 or 18 ga wire. Not really enough to pass that much juice. When I did my lights I used H-4's which allow you to use female QR connectors with your own wire. Not sure how 9000 serries bulbs will work.

HTH, Good Luck.

65 watts somehow did damage to my friends 2000 Maxima SE - the light stop working and he took it to the dealer to have the wire harness replace for a hundred and some.

If anything don't exceed 55watts. consider real HIDs

Not that I recommend doing this but I had 4/100w halogens on my legend high/low beams. I used two Heavy duty after market harness kits rated for the amp draw and had no problems. But please for a P-car do the right thing and get the HID set up the difference is night and day.

Back