Anyone think Aryton Senna is Rolling in his Grave right now?

As a NSX owner it is sad to say the front engine design just does not translate to exotic expectation. Why cant we have another MID-Engined NSX? how difficult is that to do? seriously? Its going to be in the pile of supra’s and rx7’s, where the numbers look great but the real exotic factor never exists. It looks like a 1982 Corvette front end. All the original NSX needs is 400hp and noticeable update in styling nothing drastic. The fact is people are paying 40k for 1991 NSX’s with 60k on them thats more than any other brand car it competed with for those same years. and there paying because its a MID-Engine HONDA. 1991 Ferrari with 60k is work below 35k. HONDA had it right when they had the balls to put a MID-engine light weight, front cockpit design on the road. Now there moving the cockpit towards the back which means the dashboard will be higher the driving and seating height will also need to be higher to clear the front hood. In my NSX the most amazing feeling is the fact that when I’m sitting inside my legs are almost flat on the floor, my butt and feet are only 2 inches hight difference. which in return means my shoulders are about 2′6″ above ground thats about 6″ higher than in my go-cart the only reason thats possible is because the engine is in the middle. The engine valve cover actually sits 1 foot behind my shoulders thats why that rear window is only 8″ high so therefore the front window actually starts parallel with what would be the bottom of my engine if it were up front. Basically you remove that concept and its no longer in a true exotic. The NSX was what it was and still is the only true affordable exotic because of 3 elements 1- MID engine 2- 2900lbs centered about 1 foot above a 6′ wide car. The car body is about 3′6″ high making the whole car 4′ Tall!!!! 3- Honda reliability. NOW there not doing #1 and #2 is impossible with front engine. So we are left with #3 with nowadays its just going to compete with Toyota and Mazda. Its no longer a super car. Honda please give us Mid-engine!! Either that or don’t destroy the NSX. Call it whatever you want and don’t try to ride the name that took your company to another level just for temporary repor. Get some some balls again! I’m sure Ayrton Senna is rolling in his grave right now. The HSC was perfect all it needed was another 100hp.

Maybe if enough of us post on every major auto review web site, the people at Honda will not create this hideous design!!

pics
1- what our not so good friends at Honda should stay away from
2- Same as #1 the not so new NSX - NON-NSX
3- THE HSC!! When Honda had originality
4- My car now
5- My car before 02 lights and CF hood for those that like it more original

If Honda wants to take styling clues lets copy off Enzo or Carrera GT or Mclauren HELL lets bite off anything except GM. please! It worked the first time lets do it again if it a choice between another Japanese Ferrari or a Japanese corvette give me another Ferrari! come-on!

Attachments

• 1982-Chevrolet-Corvette-fa-lr.jpg
    1982-Chevrolet-Corvette-fa-lr.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 91
  • fugly nsx.jpg
    fugly nsx.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 118
  • HSC NSX.jpg
    HSC NSX.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC03554.jpg
    DSC03554.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 109
Sigh:mad: say it aint so honda

How funny...Im in the point of my life where, I am going to finally have an NSX. Yet I feel melancoly about the ASCC. I did like the HSC also, I was hoping like a CCX based NSX with SH AWD.

Well I cant wait for the LeManns, true test to see the SH AWD in action.

Dear Honda,

1- Great Idea! ME412 (if you have to copy the americans)
2- Great Idea! GT-90 (The Americans knew better in 95 than Honda does now)
3- Really BAD amercan artwork that your following.
4- My NSX's new room-mate if Honda builds a Front engine NSX.
5- Or my money will go Porsche since at least they don't desert their following.

Or maybe Honda should get on this site since and post a poll. We are the real future NSX buyers and supporters that will do anything in our power to promote the brand and even put the original Honda emblems that you failed to put on originally. We are the ones paying close to what you sold them for originally 15years later. What we don't count! ask us dam it! We have an influence!

There are many people on this site that have bought numerous GT-40's Ferrari's, Porshe's, Lamborghini's, and other exotics scince you guys cant make up your mind while the NSX's name is slowly dying in the new car market.

If Ford can make a rear engine monster and sell a god damn Ford for $140k Honda should be ashamed of itself to not sell an MR for $150k. Basically ford is handing Honda its ass in a segment that Honda redefined and has more experience on F1 racing engineering. Honda is going to go out and what... compete with Austin Martin? worthless...

Attachments

• 2004-Chrysler-ME412-Concept-1024.jpg
    2004-Chrysler-ME412-Concept-1024.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 119
  • FordGT90-01.jpg
    FordGT90-01.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 98
  • firebirdmms421_1.jpg
    firebirdmms421_1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 2006-ford-gt.gif
    2006-ford-gt.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 65
  • GT3.jpg
    GT3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 64
All this just means yours will be worth more in the long run Patricio. So why are you moaning?!!! :biggrin:

I d0nt think Senna is R0IIing in his grave 0ver the 's0 caIIed NSX succes0r' the AASC is indeed n0 NSX, but it sure is g0ing t0 be Acura/H0nda's next fIagship m0deI with new IeveIs 0f in0vati0n and features t0 again set the benchmark f0r the aut0mtive industry 'just Iike' theNSX; i assume/h0ping;

We aII I0ve the mid-engine pIatf0rm 0f the NSX, but even ferrari makes fr0nt engine GT cars that are aIs0 excepti0naI; give H0nda a chance; maybe the styIing 0f the succes0r is way t0 advance f0r us t0 appreciate :rolleyes: we'II see;

FYI; Senna r0IIed his grave when the Targa was intr0duced:wink:

Indeed, back in 1997 Ferrari made the 550. Front engined, great handling lots of power.

If the new car is now in that category and will now make the 612 look out of date then good on you Acura (note not Honda :) ) but for my money, until I drive it then I will reserve judgement.

Will Senna turn in his grave, no.

At the end of the day the car industry is out there to make money, either through all models, or through promoting the brand through Halo models.
I mean, has Asmio ever made any money ??

I think Honda also doing some to accommodate so call "design excercise."

They have achieve a masterpiece with the NSX (MR), and they want to prove to the world they can also built a FR platform. I'm sure the cost may be an issue as well, since they can basically rework the RL platform by using aluminum and keep the cost down.

I my self is a little disappointed, but I can see why they want to built a car with the price of Porsche Turbo but on par with Ferrari 599, Aston Martin, and Mclaren SLR vision. By not having a new MR car, our NSX will continue to be unique. I like to hold on to my NSX for a very long time, as much as I like to see a new MR supercar from Honda, the FR design actually make me feel good about knowing that when I drive my car on the road, there isn’t a better version out there. I want to keep my NSX forever.

The bottom line truth is, none of us will see how it performs until it is out in the public. Some how I see this new car will out perform a stock NSX in every area. If they can pull it off, I will be in line for one as a family car.

I like the overall lines of the car. I’m sure most of you guys understand the new European crash regulations, which the car’s front bumper needs to be higher… I think that’s the new upcoming regulation they have to meet.

This car just seems passionless.

They built the NSX with a purpose... because they could and because they wanted to.

They built the S2000 because they wanted to.

They're building this replacement because they think they have to. I believe it's been overthought and overdesigned. 10 people in the room with 10 ideas to put into one car = no ideas and no car.

The AASC may be a great performer, and I suspect it will be - but I think it will lack concept and passion. That's what has made Honda's greatest offerings great.

This car just seems passionless.

They built the NSX with a purpose... because they could and because they wanted to.

They built the S2000 because they wanted to.

They're building this replacement because they think they have to. I believe it's been overthought and overdesigned. 10 people in the room with 10 ideas to put into one car = no ideas and no car.

The AASC may be a great performer, and I suspect it will be - but I think it will lack concept and passion. That's what has made Honda's greatest offerings great.

Thats really it in a nut shell. I couldent agree better.
The fact is, that companies don't usually make money on their flagship. The flagship is supposed to be a display of company image and engineering.

Ford has hit record highs in respect as a sports car company with the introduction of a astonishing work of engineering and design in the GT-40. Would the GT-40 make your heart pound if it were FR? Probably not... it would just be another reworked mustang with 500hp, and maybe 4WD...

Yes a couple FR Ferrari's have made some noise. Ferrari can do whatever they want. Regardless, I just as most, would buy a MR ferrari over a FR any day and the production numbers show. Every true exotic is MR a marenello is nothing more than a fast luxury ferrari.

Here is a question.
Would you pay for any of the top exotics if they where FR?
Would there performance be on par in reality or just on paper?

People credit FR cars as if other exotic companies just make MR's for fun.
NO... MR is the only way to design a naturally balanced car with centered weight and low center of gravity.

Unless Honda can change the laws physics, their not building a competitive car. and just to think their possibly using a reworked frame of the RL? Garbage....

I'm disappointed that I have more respect for FORD at this point.
Honda is not even going to have the luxury of being called a Japanese ferrari which I never liked that term until today.

I just really want the NEW NSX next to my NSX in my garage. I would be on the waiting list for one if were to continue the same racing inspired design. IF its FR I WILL NOT BUY ONE. There is not a single company in the world that will get me to buy a FR exotic. just not going to happen. If the Gallardo is built on a audi frame but is MR why cant Honda do the same? I hope this is just lame way of keeping us NSX fans talking. under the hood of that hideous thing is probably just the other concept they came out with re bodied and called it the new NSX just for publicity. I bet they haven't even decided on what the NSX will be. It been 3 years and still no flagship. Thats irresponsibility on their end.

anyway I'm spending way too much time on this shit and its aggravating me. :cool: As a long term Honda racing customer ive been through a couple of them.
2- 92-93 civics for track use
1- 93 Predlude LS/Vtec for track use
1- 93- Integra turbocharged
I Now I think my NSX will be accompanied by a GT3 a Gallardo or a Ford GT
and I will get a bumper sticker of calvin pissing on H emblem. Since Honda cant demonstrate enough effort to design a true race inspired platform. instead of a corvette inspired RL.

I would guess he is going at about 8K RPM

I'm sure his coffin can handle it. It probably came equipped with a roll cage and 5 -point safety harness. Thats how Id like to be buried if I were as much of a motor enthusiast.

Me, ill be buried with a some Philadelphia brownstone bricks, a concrete counter top, maybe some granite tiles, a couple skylights, some permits, and a set of architectural plans. :)

Back