Anyone seen this car in person?

Hi all! This is my first post. I'm new and I just recently decided the NSX may be my next car. I am starting my search and trying to figure out if it's really what I want.

The other cars I own now are an '91 Galant VR-4, '01 S2000, and an '08 Mazdaspeed3.

I was wondering if anyone has seen the following car in person: VIN: JH4NA1154MT003053
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991...ars_Trucks&hash=item19cd8b64f6#ht_4168wt_1163

This car has been listed on Autotrader and Ebay for awhile now.

It's a black/ivory 91, and from the pics it looks like it's in decent shape. It does have woodgrain overlays on the inside, but I'm sure that could be remedied easily. It has 58k miles. I wanted to know if there is anything I should look out for, or if it seems like it could be a decent car. My hesitation is mainly due to the fact that I'm in VA and the car is in FL. I'd hate to travel all the way out there and find out the car is a dud.

Thanks!

Have not seen in person, but there are a few things I would check up on first. See if the dealer has maint. records and if the car is up to date on service (most don't have previous records). Ask the dealer for the serial # on the tranny and use the search function here to make sure it's not in snap-ring range (certain ones were affected by this and you don't want one). Lastly, pull up a CarFax on the VIN and see what it reveals. The more research you do on this site and the car in question, the better off you'll be. If you're new to this and have just started your search, be patient. It usually takes some time to find the one that meets all of your criteria. Also, I've read that you should beware of some but not all cars in Fla. Apparently a salvaged or rebuilt title can be "washed" to a clean one there with relative ease. I studied this site for over a year by just reading the forum and using the search function to arm myself with just about everything I needed to know to buy with confidence. Hope this helps and best of luck!

Virginia to Florida? I am in Virginia and flying to Florida next Saturday to pick up my new car. Proof that it can be done if you really want to make it happen. Driving it home is made easy by VA DMV. You get a three day driving permit for 5 bucks and take car of registration and such once you get home.
Sorry I will not be in the gulf side of the state to take a look.
Good luck.

i have been in contact with the dealer for a few weeks now ever since it popped up on autotrader... the guy was very nice and i'll relay on the information that he gave me and you can interpret it as you like... i'm thinking i may pass on this one since there are more flags than i am comfortable with... so here goes...

Apparently, there was someone who put a deposit on the car, but couldn't obtain financing. Their dealership has denied any type of used car financing on the car due to its age. so if you want the car, bring the cash/find your own financing...

I asked about the snap ring and if the TB/WP service has been done... apparently the guy who put a deposit on the car took it the the local acura dealership for a PPI... the car came back as fine for the tranny item (i would still do my own due dilegence and check this out if you are interested in buying this car) trans number was not provided to me.... it doesn't sound like the TB/WP service has been done yet as the PPI said it was recommended to be done...

the car has a few owners on the carfax, but the salesman said that he shows 1 owner from his side... maybe he read the wrong report?

also on the carfax, it shows that there was a title correction which was done... if you look at the history, it happened back in 2000 when the car went from Indy to Florida... potential wash on the title? :confused: dunno...

<TABLE class="report listing" id=full-history-list><TBODY><TR><TD>03/04/2000 </TD><TD>INDIANAPOLIS, IN </TD><TD>
</TD><TD>Motor Vehicle Dept. </TD><TD>REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL </TD></TR><TR><TD>12/08/2000
</TD><TD>SARASOTA, FL </TD><TD>38,384
</TD><TD>Motor Vehicle Dept. </TD><TD>TITLE (Title #:0082286339)
DUPLICATE TITLE
CORRECTED TITLE </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The title is listed as "Other" buy the seller, you might want to ask them why that is it.... it might fall inline with what kamlung posted above...

Back