Anyone recommend a stereo shop or a person that can do some stereo stuff on my NSX?

So I'm building my system, and don't have the tools or the time to do it myself. I want it done right, of course and am willing to pay extra for it, but I also don't want to get ripped off.

I have all the components and basically here's a list of stuff that needs to happen.

1) Install SOS wire harness for factory stereo to allow Amps
2) Wire and install one 4-channel amp (MA Audio HK598) - Probably will have to go in the trunk, since it's so big (have an Earthquake amp wiring kit).
3) "Dynomat" the doors using the SOS door mats (this is just part of the door, not the whole door)
4) Wire up and install SOS door speakers inserts with a set of Pioneer TS-C720PRS components (the crossover unit may be too thick to install onto the door plate, so either the plate must be modified or the crossover will have to go somewhere else, then again it might fit as is)
5) Drill out a place in the door for the tweeter (or make a custom mount in the pillar)
6) Change out my iPod cable from my GromAudio Ipod adapter from the white one to a black one I bought (really easy with the stereo out).
7) Install and wire up my Zetoolman V3 subwoofer box in the passenger foot well. This involves removing the factory subwoofer and removing all the aluminum support brackets in that area. Also involves relocating the power steering control module (have instructions).

Think that's about it. I want it to be a clean install. I'd like all the wires to be loomed if visible in the engine bay/trunk region, otherwise I'd like them hidden.

Anyone know of a shop that can do all this? Or even someone with install experience that would like to take this project on for a weekend? Let me know. Thanks!

Adrian,

I use Ken and Jason at Sound Innovation you can call them at 562-598-1788.
They do great work and know their stuff, they did my system with Amp, speakers, zetoolman sub, and eq and all clean work.

They are located in Long Beach/Cypress area.

Eddie

Last edited:
Best Tint
10650 Beach Blvd
Stanton, CA 90680
714 828 8800

Great work. Great guys. And you can check out their Gemballa 996 while you wait! ;)

Tell them Christina with the red S sent you and they'll take care of you. Ill even keep you company if you want since Im there twice a week for random things.

If your still looking for a place let me know. Mine is currently being done by a good friend named Scott. He has a lil shop called Kar Fanatics located in Wesminister. I use him because his wiring installations are top notch. I can forward you some photos of the progress if you like.....

Beb's recommendation for Best Tint is also good. The guys over there are nice and do great tint installs......as for stereo's, I haven't seen their work.

Last edited:
If your still looking for a place let me know. Mine is currently being done by a good friend named Scott. He has a lil shop called Kar Fanatics located in Wesminister. I use him because his wiring installations are top notch. I can forward you some photos of the progress if you like.....

Beb's recommendation for Best Tint is also good. The guys over there are nice and do great tint installs......as for stereo's, I haven't seen their work.

Please post some pictures. I am looking to upgrade my stereo too.. Thanks in advance

Please post some pictures. I am looking to upgrade my stereo too.. Thanks in advance

Here are a few of the progress....I didn't like the CF console I purchased from Dali so I decided to have the OEM console modified to fit the double din.

I post more upon completion.

DSC00864.jpg

DSC00866.jpg

Last edited:
La Jolla Audio in San Diego! Did all the work on my NSX (former NSX - just sold). True pros..Works with the local Ferrari and Rolls Royce dealers installing aftermarket audio for customers. Thye will be working on my new NSX coming in soon :)

Highly recommended!

Last edited:
Let me know, I'm still looking for a shop. Thanks!

Basically my friend Scott Tran @ Kar Fanatics, (714) 557-4143, performed the Zetoolman V2 sub, Kenwood headunit, MB Quartz, Alpine amp installation along with the Dali CF console cut and install. However, the console had poor fitment and didn't seat flush in the middle portion where the double din seats. I highly recommend his very clean wiring installations!

Now, I have spent way to much time and money to date to settle for a half-assed look so I was recommended to Eric @ Speaker Works in Orange, (714) 997-9880, where I took the OEM console and vision of what I was looking for. Rob, the craftsman, took a look at it and asked exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a double din cut on the OEM console and the ashtray removed with a flush face for future installation of two gauges. Also, I wanted the cut to accommodate the reverse-tilt feature on the Kenwood unit with no ugly gaps. He asked paint to match the factory color? I said no, I wanted it to match the Honda Navigation Pod face color of Satin Black. My goal was an OEM look with a much needed stereo facelift. I also had Speaker Works provide the mounting of the secondary monitor into the Navi Pod and finalize connections.

Overall I am completely happy with my finished product and give both Kar Fanatics and Speaker Works two thumbs up :smile:

Last edited:
:eek:
Basically my friend Scott Tran @ Kar Fanatics, (714) 557-4143, performed the Zetoolman V2 sub, Kenwood headunit, MB Quartz, Alpine amp installation along with the Dali CF console cut and install. However, the console had poor fitment and didn't seat flush in the middle portion where the double din seats. I highly recommend his very clean wiring installations!

Now, I have spent way to much time and money to date to settle for a half-assed look so I was recommended to Eric @ Speaker Works in Orange, (714) 997-9880, where I took the OEM console and vision of what I was looking for. Rob, the craftsman, took a look at it and asked exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a double din cut on the OEM console and the ashtray removed with a flush face for future installation of two gauges. Also, I wanted the cut to accommodate the reverse-tilt feature on the Kenwood unit with no ugly gaps. He asked paint to match the factory color? I said no, I wanted it to match the Honda Navigation Pod face color of Satin Black. My goal was an OEM look with a much needed stereo facelift. I also had Speaker Works provide the mounting of the secondary monitor into the Navi Pod and finalize connections.

The photos I will provide soon will show some of the console process as well as the final installation.

There was a slight hiccup of the secondary monitor as no install ever goes smoothly....but Rob helped me though the situation and the Speaker Works team was on it quickly and delivered the X on schedule.

Overall I am completely happy with my finished product and give both Kar Fanatics and Speaker Works two thumbs up :smile:

So, is it done already? I have a suggestion. Since you cover the ashtray now, because no one really use it now, how about put three item in symmentrical pattern on it: Tire Pressure gauge at the middle, Auxilry Power (from the lighter) to the right, and push button starter on the left.. That would be really accent your new cockpit look..IMHO:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::eek:

:eek:

So, is it done already? I have a suggestion. Since you cover the ashtray now, because no one really use it now, how about put three item in symmentrical pattern on it: Tire Pressure gauge at the middle, Auxilry Power (from the lighter) to the right, and push button starter on the left.. That would be really accent your new cockpit look..IMHO:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::eek:

Acutally I'm thinking about the Defi BF-series Amber Oil Press. and Oil Temp gauges. Only problem is they are 60mm in size and require the Defi-link control unit.

http://www.nippon-seiki.co.jp/defishop/product/bf/bf_top.html

If they don't fit I'll have to go with the 52mm Racer Gauge series

http://www.nippon-seiki.co.jp/defishop/product/rg/rg_top.html

I'll have to wait and see....:tongue:

I just had a good experience with Advanced Car Creations of Garden Grove doing a complex custom install of a Kenwood DNX8120 head unit. The price was MUCH more reasonable than other pirported 'high-end' shops in OC, who sometimes botch the job anyhow. Ask for Ben in front but Eddie does all the complex installs. Details are in the "Double-DIN" thread in the Electronics forum, where I'm posting pictures next.
John

Back