Anyone put a deposit on Next-Gen NSX yet?

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
Just wondering if any of you have actually been to an Acura dealership and had them agree to deliver a next-gen NSX no higher than MSRP if you gave them an advance deposit.

I think it's pretty much across the board, no one will even consider taking a deposit until Honda says something "official".

I called several local South Florida dealers and asked them if they would accept a written contract to deliver the next-gen NSX at MSRP if I gave them a $10K deposit. The contract would stipulate that if the car didn't make production by mid-2009 they would have to return the deposit but could keep any interest earned.

Delray Acura showed me three or four deposits already on file and won't take any more. Rick Case Acura said the car was discontinued last year and would I be interested if a used one came in on trade. West Palm Beach Acura said that when the car does debut they will most likely only get at most two the first year and were honest about their plans to ask over MSRP for them, but were not accepting deposits at this time. Ed Morse Acura had no idea there was a new NSX in the works but invited me to come into the dealership and meet with the sales manager.

With Ford GT prices falling like dot com stocks when the bubble burst maybe I'll wait to grab one under 100K in the near future and keep it and Charlotte until the new NSX is 2 or 3 years old. Hell, a LOT can happen in 2 or 3 years.

Ill take all your cash:biggrin: just kidding. We really dont sell cars over sticker here but who knows what the market will command. I know the first one is spoken for already, Mr.Kid is the lucky recipient. Ive spoken to my Rep and im getting an extra one allocated for my personal use.

When things become more set in stone, you will all be the first to know and the first to reserve one.

The Kid said:
When things become more set in stone, you will all be the first to know and the first to reserve one.

Cool deal! I can fly up to NYC, pick up my new NSX or whatever the hell they plan on calling it and drive it back to Florida via The Blue Ridge Parkway, Dragon, etc.... Can't think of better way to break in a new car. :)

btcog82 said:
...Ok Deamon:cool: :biggrin: :cool: or should I say Patrik:wink:

(I know everyone is saying:eek: , "oh no he didn't!")
Actually it is tebbers who is taking deposits. He can also get the car at 50% of MSRP.

Interesting story. I spoke to the dealer principle at Acura West here in London, and he was recalling back in 1990 when they took more orders for NSXs than any other dealer in Canada. They took over 100 deposits but were unable to deliver them because so many dealerships were selling them for over sticker down in the US and a lot of cars were diverted there.

I suppose I could put 1-5k down to be first on the list, and then back out if I wanted to, but I'm going to wait a bit yet.

btcog82 said:
Springfield Acura IS NOT and WILL NOT take deposits because they will not confirm nor deny there is another generation coming out:frown:
Man that's lame.... cross your fingers. All the veidence points to a new NSX on the way. Especially that japanese vid of the HSC, confirming its testing and near-completion state of the project.

Hugh said:
With Ford GT prices falling like dot com stocks when the bubble burst maybe I'll wait to grab one under 100K in the near future and keep it and Charlotte until the new NSX is 2 or 3 years old. Hell, a LOT can happen in 2 or 3 years.

What do you consider the near future? I have been reading on FMC websites and they are almost impossible to find at MSRP. Occansionally you will find one for that or maybe a little less if it has been on the floor for a long time. I don't think you can even order them.
Of course you could buy a wrecked one for less and spend a TON of money trying to rebuild it.
I'm forunate enough to know a few owners and have sold parts for them and if you think our part prices are high. HA !!!
Good luck in your search though. I would like to have one myself if it could be found for that price.

92NSX said:
What do you consider the near future? I have been reading on FMC websites and they are almost impossible to find at MSRP. Occansionally you will find one for that or maybe a little less if it has been on the floor for a long time. I don't think you can even order them.
Of course you could buy a wrecked one for less and spend a TON of money trying to rebuild it.
I'm forunate enough to know a few owners and have sold parts for them and if you think our part prices are high. HA !!!
Good luck in your search though. I would like to have one myself if it could be found for that price.

04/20/06 MANHEIM Regular $151,000 1,678 Above YELLOW 8G No
04/06/06 MANHEIM Regular $153,000 19 Above RED/WHT 8G A Yes
03/23/06 CHICAGO Lease $125,000 678 Above RED 8G 6 No
01/26/06 MANHEIM Lease $155,000 1,335 Above WHITE 8G 6 No
11/29/05 FAAO Regular $150,000 8 Above RED 8G 6 Yes
09/15/05 RIVRSIDE Regular $160,000 49 Above BLACK 8G M Yes

How many you want! These are all 2005's that ran thru Manheim Auto Auction. You should see how many dealers can sell them there for sticker or below! I remember watching them sell for $202,000 and $196,000 right when they came out.:eek:

The Kid said:
04/20/06 MANHEIM Regular $151,000 1,678 Above YELLOW 8G No
04/06/06 MANHEIM Regular $153,000 19 Above RED/WHT 8G A Yes
03/23/06 CHICAGO Lease $125,000 678 Above RED 8G 6 No
01/26/06 MANHEIM Lease $155,000 1,335 Above WHITE 8G 6 No
11/29/05 FAAO Regular $150,000 8 Above RED 8G 6 Yes
09/15/05 RIVRSIDE Regular $160,000 49 Above BLACK 8G M Yes

How many you want! These are all 2005's that ran thru Manheim Auto Auction. You should see how many dealers can sell them there for sticker or below! I remember watching them sell for $202,000 and $196,000 right when they came out.:eek:

Those are all still at MSRP or a little under though. Nowhere near south of 100k.
The one we currently have has a MSRP of ~$159000 but is marked up to $230000k:eek:

A couple of wholesalers that I've spoken to have been offered cars at $125K. It won't be long before they are under 6 figures.

I'd still take a Porsche 996 Turbo over the Ford GT40. Drove it, and felt great amounts of power, but wasn't fluid in its movements. The P-car at least does that better then the GT40. I've driven a 360 and it was Fluid, but not a new 430 or gallardo...

Either ways, I've seen well modded Turbos going up for sale already by some wealthy folks who want to be the first for the new 997 Turbos. At 75k, I saw one with 500whp (at the wheels) with a nice Tech Art or gemballa kit. Had 5k HRE, nav, xenons and only 22k. It was a nice ride in my book.

996, 997, 911 are as common as pickup trucks and, about as good looking as one as well. There is something to be said for exclusivety and looks. Isn't that why we drive NSXs? Huge performance numbers are great but in real world driving they matter as much as being fluent in Latin. Did I mention that 9xxs are ugly? :biggrin:

My dealer told me he would consider doing a deposit early next year for MSRP....We will see......Steve

CarCrazed4Life said:
I'd still take a Porsche 996 Turbo over the Ford GT40. Drove it, and felt great amounts of power, but wasn't fluid in its movements. The P-car at least does that better then the GT40. I've driven a 360 and it was Fluid, but not a new 430 or gallardo...

Either ways, I've seen well modded Turbos going up for sale already by some wealthy folks who want to be the first for the new 997 Turbos. At 75k, I saw one with 500whp (at the wheels) with a nice Tech Art or gemballa kit. Had 5k HRE, nav, xenons and only 22k. It was a nice ride in my book.

It's actually not a GT40. Ford lost the trademark on the name due to inactivity and was not willing to pay the current owner (who I think sells parts for the GT40 or maybe kits) to use it.

Stopped by Ed Morse Acura in Pompano Beach today. The GM told me that the company has a policy of never charging over MSRP for any vehicle. The Ed Morse group of dealerships is pretty large with many different brands in several states.

Anyway, they said they're not taking deposits or starting a waiting list yet. The GM owned an NSX at one time so we chatted for a while. I showed him this website and also NSXPO. He was interested in perhaps sponsoring NSXPO in some sort of way or perhaps offering a gift certificate to be raffled off. Nice bunch of guys.

This is a great thread. I'll do some checking around with some contacts I have on doing an early deposit. This might work perfectly for my situation because my goal is to have an NSX in my garage for my 40th birthday (12/09). Seeing the HSC makes me want one even more.

Back