Anyone own cars above 175k miles?

Hi-
My current daily driver a 89 Mazda MPV minivan, is at about 185,000 miles...seems like once it hit around 170k miles or so, it needed a little more maintenance, and stuff started leaking...I know its almost 15 yrs old and expect stuff like this, latest was leaking valve cover gaskets..

Just wondering if anyone has cars with high mileage like this and not had any significant problems??

My uncle's Legend has about over 220K miles now and surprisingly, still runs. Can't beat Honda precision engineering. But we can tell its dying soon...

Have about 115K miles on my '87 BMW. Still going strong though and will be my daily driver for another 4-5 years so lets hope it holds up...

My 76 Accord is still going strong.

http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum3.html

Good maintenance by the prior owner (and now me) makes all the difference. It should last another 200K.

I'll keep it forever.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 09 February 2003).]

I konw Honda's and Toyotas are the reliable ones of the pack...I've seen a 88 civic at 400,000 miles- on the same head!!!!

My dad's Mazda pickup had 220k before it got in an accident, on the 2nd motor though, and the last year or so stuff started failing...

My 280 ZX went over 250K+ miles on it before getting stolen
frown.gif

My MB 300E hit 202,000 miles still running strong but had to sell it (need garage space)

My GF has a 92 Integra w/ 235,000+ miles and its still her daily driver. Good thing she cant drive a stick or she will be all over my NSX
wink.gif

Daily driver is a '91 Mercedes 300SE never driven by anyone but me since 6/1/91 with 200,740 miles and counting. Needed a valve job at 180,000 otherwise (knock wood) amazingly sturdy.

Bob

My next door neighbor had 310,000 miles on his 84 Accord. Orininal motor and trany (5 speed). Motor was never opened and didn't use oil or leak. However, I must mention he is a retired Honda mechanic and did regular maintenance. He sold the car to my other next door neighbor who still drives it daily.

Last winter, I sold my 92 Camry to my sister-in-law. The Toyota had 190,000 miles and was running strong. I did do a valve job though as it smoked a bit on start up. But still a great car.

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Do you know of another Green-Black roof NSX?? Please email me if you do.

Know its not a honda, but I got a 92 Buick Park Ave, 265K original motor, original tranny, never had any engine or tranny work.... course it doesnt run now, due to stupid mechanic not wanting to fix ignition switch, and me not having time to fix it myself..... but 265K no probs..... personally, Im shocked a domestic made it that far!!!

FOr all that have responded..thanks...and have any of you experienced anything major problems with your high mileage cars, such as a head gasket, or tranny?? or similar??

I know of a 92 Accord 5 speed with 39x,000 miles. Aside from regular maintenance items, the only thing that has been replaced is the alternator. Its still on the original clutch, you gotta love Hondas!

Originally posted by 5inchfatlip:
FOr all that have responded..thanks...and have any of you experienced anything major problems with your high mileage cars, such as a head gasket, or tranny?? or similar??

What's Up Leonard,
Saw u few weeks back cruzin down main st. towards downtown H.B.
Just flipped 200,012 on my 95 Civic...
Later Chad

My '94 Integra has 190K miles. Gas mileage as new and no oil consumption. Only thing that ever broke was the clutch friction disk (a spring fell out of the shock absorbing section -I understand that this happens. New one is different design).

------------------
Happy Motoring At all Costs!

My sister has a 92 Toyota Paseo, she got from me, with 180+k miles on it. Not only has it never had any engine or tranny work done, but when it was mine I didnt change the oil for two years and when I finally checked the tranny fluid it was very very low. the only thing that has ever been replaced were the spark plugs and wires at 145k. The car still runs great.

Back