Anyone out near West Babylon, New York?

I tried to get contact info from the seller to arrange for someone to drop by but he now claims that it's only for sale to US bidders. He declined a PPI, then an informal inspection by someone local. I could be wrong but it's starting to sound like a scam to me. I'm going to pass on this one.

In any event, thanks for offering.

Cheers,
Ian

My brother is interested but I too got no replies as of yet

I bought the car from him on Wednesday. Picked it up today (thursday). Car has a few issues. (driver window wont go out or down, and nice scratch on the front bumper as well wear on the driver seat) other then that the car is clean, he has all the service records everything major has been done with in the last 6-10k miles and with in 4 years. Tom was an great seller, as well had tons of spare parts including the wheels, hood and suspension.

Ill be taking care of the window next week along with getting the front repaired and resprayed.:biggrin:

Some of his emails even to me weren't pleasant, and we both started out on the wrong foot. He was originally going to let the Auction finish up but after meeting up with me, he decided he would ended it early. He also gave me a great deal on it.

Ill be taking care of the window next week along with getting the front repaired and resprayed.:biggrin:

STRONGLY recommend Vince's Auto Body. They are near you (I think) and are among the top NSX body work people in the US. PM member pbassjo.

STRONGLY recommend Vince's Auto Body. They are near you (I think) and are among the top NSX body work people in the US. PM member pbassjo.
Joe is more than a magician, he knows the car better than anyone, owns one, has love for the car and will treat you right!!! Even if it's not the most convenient, if you're within a few hundred miles, it's worth your while to get it to him.

Well, congrats on the new acquisition. Are you an LI local?

Northern Westchester

Joe is more than a magician, he knows the car better than anyone, owns one, has love for the car and will treat you right!!! Even if it's not the most convenient, if you're within a few hundred miles, it's worth your while to get it to him.

I have a body shop Ive been going to for years. Ill have to give him a call and talk to him.

We do a number of "runs" around the Bear Mountain area, and yes, while you might have a bodyshop that you've got a good relationship with, nothing beats vast experience with a specific vehicle, and I doubt many body shops can boast the amount of experience that Joe at Vince's can. Results speak for themselves!!!

The issue is that this is an aluminum body/frame car and if not worked on in the right environment, problems will surface years later. One spec of steel caught under the primer touching the aluminum and you have corrosion. That kind of knowledge and how the car goes together is crucial in this case. People have shipped cars thousands of miles to get him to do it right.

Just my $0.02.

Tytus

Joe is not only an expert at NSX bodywork and color-matching, he's the kind of person who goes above and beyond without a moment's hesitation. He also happens to be a real nice guy. :biggrin:

Back