Anyone near this NSX in San Antonio?

I've not seen this one. Looks like a pretty good price for one with such low mileage. A friend of mine sold his 95 with over 78K miles for significantly more. My initial concern is it's maintainence records as there is no description of its care. TB and WP may be overdue as well as other things at that price. Also not enough detailed pictures to get a feel of the cars condition.

PM me after you contact this guy and get a feel for his care of the car and why he is selling. (At such a low price) Let him know that you are sending someone to look at it for you and I'd be glad to take a look at it. It may be a great deal even if the TB & WP due. Also I have an NSX certified mechanic who could do a PPI before you buy your plane tickets.

Ed Somers

Last edited:
Awesome, thank you for this. I am waiting to hear back from the seller and will try to call him again later today.

So I got an AutoCheck on this vehicle and everything checks out except this:

03/03/1999 MIAMI, FL
Accident
Source
ACCIDENT OR VEHICLE DAMAGE REPORTED: LEFT
DOOR

07/09/2001 MIAMI, FL
Accident
Source
ACCIDENT OR VEHICLE DAMAGE REPORTED: RIGHT
QUARTER PANEL

These of course are not visible in the pictures and would have to be assessed in person. I still have not been able to contact the seller (apparently the 5th owner of the car). In your opinions, is this a deal-breaker or should I see this as leverage for negotiating towards a lower price?

So I got an AutoCheck on this vehicle and everything checks out except this:

03/03/1999 MIAMI, FL
Accident
Source
ACCIDENT OR VEHICLE DAMAGE REPORTED: LEFT
DOOR

07/09/2001 MIAMI, FL
Accident
Source
ACCIDENT OR VEHICLE DAMAGE REPORTED: RIGHT
QUARTER PANEL

These of course are not visible in the pictures and would have to be assessed in person. I still have not been able to contact the seller (apparently the 5th owner of the car). In your opinions, is this a deal-breaker or should I see this as leverage for negotiating towards a lower price?

NSXs with accident histories typicaly are hard to sell. (I thought the price was a bit low.) That said, if the seller had the repairs done right at a reputable shop and has detailed documentation of the damage and the repair, It might not be a deal breaker. He obviously has it priced to take that into account. But remember it doen't take a lot of damage to bend the frame if the car was hit in the wrong place. If you plan on keeping it for many years and the repairs are right it shouldn't make any difference. As long as you are happy with the deal and the car.

Let me know if you want me to look at it after you talk to the seller.

Yes, Lostbuckeye did me a big favor and went to go take a look at it. He can fill in the details but it basically needs a lot of work, partly because it was poorly cared for, and partly because the 'work' previously done to it was so bad.

Yes I looked at this. My memory is good...just short. But if I recall, the owner wasn't very knowledgable or forthcoming with maitainence info. The car has been repainted and it was a bad job at that. There was also evidence of colision damage that wasn't repaired properly. The interior smelled like smoke and showed more wear than 68k miles would suggest. The engine and front compartments were very dirty and to me that lack of attention on an NSX it a red flag. I started the car and let it warm up. As I increased the RPMs it appeared to shake badly through the steering wheel. This could mean that the motor and/or transmission mounts need replaced. I didn't drive it as the seller was reluctant to take the car out of the garage. To sum it all up,this car has had a rough life. Unless you are looking for a project car I would pass. And if I were looking for a project car the seller would need to come down quite a bit on price for me to consider it.

Back