Anyone know who bought the 91 from Spingfield?

sjs

Legendary Member
Anyone know who bought the black 1991 NSX (5200 miles) from Motorcars International in Springfield Mo.? It had been on Ebay several times without selling, but this time the reserve had been met and it was due to sell on Friday afternoon. I called Friday morning and they claimed it had already been sold and even paid for. When I got home in the evening I saw that the auction had been allowed to finish but had no additional bids. That tends to suggest that either the high bidder was the same person with whom they negotiated a sale before the auction ended, or they had placed the high bid themselves. I’m betting on the latter, but still I’m surprised that they didn’t end the auction for fear that someone else would bid on it at the last minute and then be pissed when told it had been sold.

Anyway, I’m curious to know if it really did sell to an individual, and if so does it live up to it’s billing.

That car was reportedly John Andrettis car, and I was told it was perfect, and I beleive the person who told me, as I do business with him pretty regularly!

I do not know anything about cars sold by Motorcars International on Ebay, but I know that cars they sell on their web site are very clean. I bought a very clean car from them and it was exactly as claimed. MI and the other dealers in Springfield MO are a very unique lot of car lot people. They sell to the world from a little town in the middle of the show me state. This group of car dealers have found a very interesting spot in the exotic car market. They have LOTS of repeat customers. These buyers buy cars alot. Some of these buyers do not want to buy cars, they want art work and hate the thought that somebody would actually ever drive a car. What is neat is the fact that these buyers will eventally sell these real low milage cars. Peole lioke MI, Premier, and Team do not want to sell fake or junk cars. They sell their name. Sell a guy a piece of crap and they will never be back. I would trust a car from any of these guys...much more than I would trust the guy down the street.

------------------

i appreciate the comments on springfield dealers--i have a friend who works for motorcars international, and i bought my nsx from premier.

i have seen several negative comments on premier, and did not respond. now i will. the car i bought was exactly as represented and they were completely aboveboard. i would caution people on this forum from taking to heart any negative feedback from other members. i know of one instance where another member turned down a car as 'not as represented' and sent back to premier. there were only two paint chips on the entire car (very small).

just imo

SJS - Don't sweat it....if your in the market and are patient you can find others. About two months ago an Acura dealership in Kansas City had a red 91 with 6 or 7000 miles. They sold it to a guy in NY for around $38k. I saw the car before he came and picked it up. If it wasn't for the wheels and black top I'd of thought it was a new 2001. Older museum quality cars are out there....and not just on either coast.

[This message has been edited by RACERnsX (edited 06 March 2002).]

Thanks for the compliment! Your description of the car was right on the money.I'm the guy from N.Y.I had someone look at the car for me from Kansas City and he said BUY!BUY!BUY!Si I did.It took me almost two years to find a car like this.

Triplet - So your the lucky Bas*@rd! I really liked that car...seriously thought about trading in my 92 for it. Mine's in similar condition but has 23,000 and I just couldn't justify the dollars they wanted to make the deal. I knew someone would grab that gem. Hope it's all it looked to be!

Originally posted by randall:
RACERnsX,
Are you from K.C. area?
Yes, Lenexa

RACERnsX,
we've got hucster in lee summit,another guy in leawood,ron stafford at superior acura,and myself.this spring we should all get together,somewere like HOOTERS?
wink.gif

Originally posted by randall:
RACERnsX,
we've got hucster in lee summit,another guy in leawood,ron stafford at superior acura,and myself.this spring we should all get together,somewere like HOOTERS?
wink.gif

Sounds good to me :-)

Originally posted by TRIPLET:
Your description of the car was right on the money.I'm the guy from N.Y.I had someone look at the car for me from Kansas City and he said BUY!BUY!BUY!Si I did.It took me almost two years to find a car like this.
Congrats on the purchase of the red 91 Milt!
- Manuel

Originally posted by sjs:
Now I'm confused. I thought Milt bought the black '91 from Springfield Mo.

Who's on first????

Originally posted by sjs:
Now I'm confused. I thought Milt bought the black '91 from Springfield Mo.

No, Milt (TRIPLET) bought the red one at Superior Acura in KC. A good buy with a little help from his friends...
wink.gif

Back