Anyone know this NSX?

Between yesterday, when I started this thread, and today, the car has disappeared from the AOL link. The car is gray and is in the Chicago area but not owned by a Prime member, I assume, because it was not listed for sale on this web site. I have corresponded with the owner and the car is still for sale, so if anyone has seen the car, please let me know.

I have read on this site that a pre-purchase inspection should be done by an Acura dealer's mechanic. Does anyone recommend a mechanic (or dealer) in the Chicago area?

Thanks.

Don't know about the car but holy moly 188 nsx listings:eek:I briefly went through the first 5 pages and saw zanardis #44,#49.

I've found a 2003 NSX on aol that I'm interested in. The VIN number is JH4NA21683T000069. I ran a VIN search on NSX Prime and Google and turned up nothing. The car shows up on http://autos.aol.com/used-list/make1-Acura/model1-NSX/page-1

Thanks for any help.

Did you really search? I just put the VIN in the search and came up with:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3036618

It was owned by a primer who traded it in for a BMW. Best place to get a PPI is through Muller's Acura. Ted, the NSX tech has been working on the NSX since 1991.

Did you really search? I just put the VIN in the search and came up with:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3036618

It was owned by a primer who traded it in for a BMW. Best place to get a PPI is through Muller's Acura. Ted, the NSX tech has been working on the NSX since 1991.

Thanks for the info on the car and the lead to Muller's Acura. Both are helpful. (I don't know why my searches are coming up blank. Even when I clicked on the link you posted, I got a message saying "Sorry, no matches.")

^ no worries.. the forum software can be kinda glitchy at times. Some more info, previous owner did get in a minor fender bender from what I remember. I believe one front fender was replaced. PM member "vtecjulio," he was the previous owner. Also, hopefully this thread works:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111373

(^ his for sale thread before he traded it in).

If you do get the car, and want OEM wheels. I have 2002 wheels possible for trade for those TE37's. :)

Thanks for the additional info. I'm not sure we're talking about the same car. Both are 03 gray, but the last two digits of the vin differ--69 vs. 89. The owner of the car I am looking at told me that the car is all stock, no mods. I should find out on Tuesday. Ted, the mechanic that you recommended is doing a pre-purchase inspection, which should tell me about modifications. If the car does have mods, including special wheels, I'll let you know. I like the stock look, although bangbang's yellow with the special wheels looks stunning. It's my first choice of cars to buy, but I have a wife that objects to red or yellow. Grrrr.

Does anyone know if the pre-purchase inspection includes a compression check? Someone at Muller Acura told me no and wanted $145 to do one. That seems pricey to me, but maybe I have to get used to dealer prices again.

Well, it depends on how much they are charging you for the PPI.

You definitely want to do a compression test on the car. It is extremely important considering the cost for replacing or rebuilding your motor.

$145 for the compression test seems about normal. I think the book time is 1.5 hours.

A local NSX mechanic, not dealer, here in San Diego chargesd about $400 to do a PPI with compression test.

Last edited:
Will definatly be the most collectable US legal car until real R's are brought in.

Oh, I hope so. If your seriously looking for nice NA2 NSX, check the 02 for sale on my website. www.BridgewaterAcura.com, car is perfect and sitting on the showroom floor.:biggrin:

Good advice on the compression test. The total PPI price is less than San Diego, so I'll spring for it.

I'm not sure that Synth19 and I are talking about different cars. The vin numbers are almost identical (1 digit difference); both refer to a gray 2003 nsx in Chicago; a google search for JH4NA21683T000069 turns up nothing. So it may be the same car whose real number is JH4NA21683T000089 and the VIN number I got from AOL had a typo. We'll see.

Back