Anyone know of Zakar Motors on RTE 46

ever sweat the cars for sale in their lot... :rotflmao:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/wabc_1101...4_carfraud.html

NJ Police Take Down Money Laundering Ring
Drug enforcement agents out on the scene say that Zakar Motors had a reputation among drug dealers throughout New Jersey as a place where they could come to buy a $60,000, $80,000, or $100,000 dollar car and pay for it in $20 dollar bills.

The route 46 business carries top of the line Ferrari's, Mercedes and Porsche's. Undercover officers say the dealer was willing to accept cash payments from cocaine and heroine dealers.

Michael Pasterchick, Special Agent In Charge Of D.E.A: "They would come in with bags of cash. So we, as a government, did the same sting. We came in with bags of cash and we spent over $30,000 dollars to buy a 2001 BMW."

Early this morning, federal agents arrested the dealerships' owner, his son, and their office manager. All three were charged with money laundering. The government has seized the Little Ferry car dealership itself, including over a million dollars worth of high-end cars.

Pasterchick: "The money from the proceeds of these forfeitures will go back to law enforcement and help us on our next case."

Undercover agents began watching Zakar Motors over a year and a half ago. They say the business was so covert that the dealer kept the cars titles and records in the trunk or a Mercedes instead of in his office.

As federal agents prepared to haul the cars away, the suspect's brother says he is innocent.

Tony Civan, Suspect's brother: "It is absolutely not true."

The owner of this dealership is not charged with dealing drugs out of the business. But the DEA says they are going after people who helped the drug dealers launder their money and for that there is one charge of money-laundering. The owner of this dealership could face up to 20 years in prison

OMG!!! That was the dealer that had 2001 NSX Coupe (white)!!!

is there a problem???

travelling on nj transit is
so declasse'.

on the bright side, they did'nt
buy more drugs with that cash
;)

I did search on their inventory, it came up with no cars.

No Cars Matched Your Search
Sorry, no cars currently match your requirements.
Please search again using different criteria or email the dealer to check the latest inventory

Man, those fed's are gonna be tearing it up at the office for the next couple days. 2 Ferrari's, a 911 Turbo and a couple nice Mercedes (from the pics).

Drove by that place 2 nights ago while I was visiting family in the area. Very hole in the wall establishment with a couple exotics parked out front. I hear they have nice strip clubs around there!!! By the way, I wonder what will happen to the 2001 NSX coupe. May be an interesting history in the making...

Back