Anyone know of a good polish or chrome place to go?

Hey guys and gals,

Anyone got any suggestions on where to take my alternator to get chromed or polished in LA or OC? and what does it usually cost?

Thanks,

E

Eddy,

Before I got my CE28s plated, I did a lot of research. I called around for prices, processes used, and to get a feel for quality. After talking with several platers, I was having this conversation with the owner of a place called Paramount Wheels. We were talking about his processes when he said, "The buffing stages are the most important part of a chrome job." At that point, I knew this guy was good.

Simply put, most good platers use copper, semi-bright nichel, then chrome. Paramount wheels uses a process of copper, semi-bright nichel, bright nichel, and then chrome. Put my wheels up against other chrome jobs and you can see the difference.

I've had him do a couple of jobs for me and his prices are excellent.

Paramount wheels at 1409 East Warner Ave., Santa Ana, CA 92705. http://www.pppwheels.com/

The owner is Fabian @ 714-713-0756 and tell him I sent you.

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the response and the response from others.

Dennis,

I have been advised that chroming looks a lot better than polished. Which I do agree that it looks shinier than polished. Plus the price of chroming it is a lot cheaper than that route. I just have to find somewhere to remove my alternator and then get it disassembled and dropped off to the shop......now I have to think about chroming all the other parts since they are polished too.

More money than I wanted to spend....boooo!!

Also I cannot wait 2-3 weeks downtime on getting it done....a few days maybe but not 2-3 weeks....thanks all.

Heres also another place I was considering since they been around a while

http://www.verneschromeplating.com/

Last edited:
Dennis,

I have been advised that chroming looks a lot better than polished. Which I do agree that it looks shinier than polished. Plus the price of chroming it is a lot cheaper than that route. I just have to find somewhere to remove my alternator and then get it disassembled and dropped off to the shop......now I have to think about chroming all the other parts since they are polished too.

More money than I wanted to spend....boooo!!

Also I cannot wait 2-3 weeks downtime on getting it done....a few days maybe but not 2-3 weeks....thanks all.

E

This is the shop that disassembled, inspected, rebuilt, and reassembled my alternator. They should be able to diassemble it on the spot for you to take to the chromers. However, they won't remove it from the car. Get your hands dirty man!! It's not that hard. :biggrin:

AGS Alternator Generator Starter Exchange‎
969 Fairway Drive, Walnut, CA 91789-2826
(714) 490-5656‎

Jeff

Anyone want to help me take or show me how to take it out? :biggrin:

Back