Anyone Know NE Region NSX'r in One Lap of America?

Hi NE NSX'Rs...

Does anyone know the 1993 NSX'r that is signed up for the 2005 Cannonball One Lap of America? and /or any info on the 93 nsx they plan on running?

I didn't recall his name but he was from the NE area, MD or ME if I remember correctly?

Trying to find out if this is a serious attempt for an NSX to finish in top 10 or just running the 6,000 miles for fun/ charity.

If it's serious...I can help them and will provide my contact info.

Thanks,

:smile:

4REETR
NSXETR
3M TA3

That would be me. Mike Fitzpatrick
I would love any help you can provide.

I am in it to WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!
High ambitions I know but!!!!
I truly believe we have the best package, just need some power.
'93 NSX- Shooting for 2600lbs
Brembos
Comptech Pro Susp.
Taitec Rear wing-
Carbon Recaro's
Se37's

I may change to Motons, different wing??, Wheels- wider.
Motor??????????????????????
I am hoping to get some sponsor help in the motor department. I own a BBSC and am in the process of picking up an extra motor. I am keeping all my options open for now.

My co-driver and I have raced at all the tracks multiple times except the oval.

I am sending out Sponsorship Proposals shortly.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

Thanks Mike,

I sent you en email with some helpful info...

Decided to post this in case any other NSXr is thinking about doing it...

www.onelapofamerica.com

I forgot to email you cost so here's a breakdown of what it cost me..

1. One Lap entrant fee ~2,200$
2. SVRA driver sign up $100 each = $200
3. 2 Sets of tires, hopefully you have extra wheels as well = $1,900
4. Gas for ~ 6,000 miles plus some track fuel = $1,000
5. Food, this is where you save as you don't have much time to eat 8-) =$200
6. Hotel - basically the event starts in afternoon so you want to sleep good the day before and after event and every third day you can hit a hotel for 3-4 hours from about 2:00am - 0600am, that's if you haul ass with some other One Lap buddies using radio's and a lead car. ~$700.

It's 5-6,000$ anyway you look at it but doesn't seem like it until you do it and add it all up...

That's not counting any mods you may need.

The track portion is so small in comparison to driving between tracks, one set of pads all around will get you through the event no problem...

New coolant hoses are a must as well....we even popped one of the 3 amigos coolant hoses that was only 4 months old...I changed to modified silicone hoses with aluminum inter-connectors since...

The Tiatec wing is great for shows but my NSX is faster without it. I'd stick the OEM back on since you are already low on Hp.

Suspension, good hedders, brakes, lighten the car weight and all the Hp you can muster from the engine are what you need.

Get as much meat as you can under the body panels, I ran 17/17's.

It will be tough to get the engine up to snuff (SC, more hp NA etc etc) with the amount of time you have left without tossing some cash around ..couple of months and few days before One Lap.

Remember, it's not just about handling, they made their hi Hp cars handle good and lightened as well...

The first event is skid pad dry, then wet, with points for pulling most G.

Dozen or so different road courses and couple of drag events...

You need to finish pretty close in top 10 points standing on each event to finish in 10 ten overall points...

It's harder then it appears...especially with 2-3 hours of sleep a day and no time to tweek once it starts...

What we do to amuse ourselves :biggrin:

4REetr
NSXetr
3M TA3

feedback from my friend that did the One lap 2 years ago:

-Most of it looks pretty close, except you are missing a bunch of stuff:

-Brakes & rotors.... you are going to want to get them changed before you go, and this will set you back $1,000 all around.
-AAA Gold Membership with 100 mile towing, and $5,000 bail bond coverage: $85 per person (only one really needs it)
-Stickers for car (if you get sponsors) - $300
-Getting them off afterwards - Good friends
-Navigation (really nice if you can get one) $800
-The food budget of $200 for a week for 2 is low. Most of the food you eat is over-priced, because you're buying coffee, soda, and snacks from gas stations, or buying over-priced highway food. I bet we spent at least twice that.
-Random accessories: sleeping bags, bug spray, tarp, tent (when it rains there is nowhere to put your stuff - definitely a must, since it can't be in the car while you race),
-Febreeze: $2.99 :)

Good luck man!!!

John B

Good luck man!!!

John B[/QUOTE]
Thanks
We have a lot of work ahead of us. :biggrin:

Hopefully we can get the local NSX's at each track to come out and support the effort.

Mike

you are racing in my neck of the woods for several of the tracks so anything you need (additional supplies) feel free to contact me as the time approaches.

cheers,
John B

Damn, Summit point is on Tuesday 5/3. I wish it was during the weekend so I could go cheer you on. Good luck mike :)

Akio

Back