Anyone know about this Ebay Car 94 SC? JH4NA1155RT000458

I could take a look at it if you are seriously interested. 415 hp is a joke though, as is 0-60 in 4 sec.

I wrote the seller. Somethings in there don't make much sense. 415 HP at the crank would be feasable in a 9lb kit (assuming 15% loss).

I have no idea what a CTSC 9lb car does 0-60 in.

NetViper said:

I have no idea what a CTSC 9lb car does 0-60 in.
Also has short gears and 4.55. Don't know if that's enough to get it to 4 sec, but it is surely faster than OEM gearing to 60.

KGP said:
Also has short gears and 4.55. Don't know if that's enough to get it to 4 sec, but it is surely faster than OEM gearing to 60.
According to Bob Butler's analysis, taking a stock '91, and installing short gears and the 4.55 R&P on it, will drop 0-60 times from 5.31 seconds to 4.74 seconds, and 1/4 mile times from 13.67 seconds to 13.38 seconds. The gearing changes generally WORSEN acceleration above 60 mph. (They improve acceleration within any specific gear, but at many speeds, they force the car into a higher gear, where acceleration is worse, and it's worse overall at most speeds from 60 mph to X mph.)

His analysis did not look at effects of installing a supercharger, but adding 15 hp across the board (obviously much less than a supercharger adds) reduced 0-60 times from 5.31 to 5.00, and 1/4 mile times from 13.67 seconds to 13.35 seconds. It's safe to assume that a supercharger would reduce times by far, far more than the gearing changes.

nsxtasy said:
According to Bob Butler's analysis, taking a stock '91, and installing short gears and the 4.55 R&P on it, will drop 0-60 times from 5.31 seconds to 4.74 seconds, and 1/4 mile times from 13.67 seconds to 13.38 seconds.

Did Bob Butler get these numbers from track testing or by calculations?

Wow! So with the short gears, 4.55 R&P, and headers/exhaust I have in my 91, I'm looking a bit better than those numbers above?

Last edited:
Car definitely sounds like its worth a look... Basically, if you're the type that expects a showroom new car in a used car with 45k miles, then pass, otherwise, it may be good (thats what I got from those threads anyway)

I wouldnt let the jarringly bad review in that thread scare me away from this one... Seems more like a case of unrealistic expectations from a modded, 40k mile, car...

I emailed the seller, but no response. I just dont understand about the exhaust. It says comptech tips?? since when does comptech have dual tips?

Good point... the exhaust situation is a question... Having the car sent to MarkBs for inspection would answer that Im sure...

Back